Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AutoModerator t1_ixxdgep wrote

Welcome to the Prompt! All top-level comments must be a story or poem. Reply here for other comments.

Reminders:

>* Stories at least 100 words. Poems, 30 but include "[Poem]" >* Responses don't have to fulfill every detail >* See Reality Fiction and Simple Prompts for stricter titles >* Be civil in any feedback and follow the rules

🆕 New Here? ✏ Writing Help? 📢 News 💬 Discord

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

liooil2000 t1_ixxemg6 wrote

Half-life basically?

Krail t1_ixyb7f6 wrote

I've been playing Control lately, and was just thinking this prompt reminds me of that.

The prompt is basically, "everything's gone to shit, but you discover you're the main character of a videogame".

AhyEsStHisFlOr t1_ixyiohm wrote

HELLO GORDON

XxJoedoesxX t1_ixz6wjx wrote

For 2 PLAYCOINS™ I can show you the SECRETS of the horrible universe. I am in so much pain. HELP ME GOR-

HELLO GORDON

HaikuBotStalksMe t1_iy0b1ne wrote

I love how one of the voice actors accidentally said "passport" instead of "pass card"/"ID badge", and they kept making fun of him for it the rest of the game.

Tahoma-sans t1_ixz3s58 wrote

Gordon doesn't need to hear all this. He is a highly trained professional.

Ninjewdi t1_ixxwaky wrote

But with Dr. Doppler from Treasure Planet

HaikuBotStalksMe t1_iy0ar4r wrote

Not really. Gordon is a trained professional. He has training thanks to the HEV suit course. The suit even has a weapons recognition system that tells Gordon how many bullets are left.

YALBO t1_ixy5jhz wrote

Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?

brimston3- t1_ixyb0vx wrote

Well, we have the option of corporate logo polos in vomit green or these corporate logo ties. At least they’re nice silk.

Space_Dwarf t1_ixz2lz9 wrote

The MAN wants you to know that you’re their dog, so they want you to wear their leash.

CleverNameTheSecond t1_ixzbcwz wrote

This is just Half Life in which case go watch the Freeman's Mind series on YouTube.

MrFluxed t1_ixzpmf5 wrote

dawg this prompt is just Half-Life lol