Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RolyPoly1320 t1_j5mnft4 wrote

I don't have much longer to talk so I'll try to keep this brief.

I'm a Necromancer. Not the kind you'd expect. I specialize in closing unfinished business for the deceased and their family, friends, employers, and acquaintances. Never got a chance to say goodbye to your beloved pet? I'm your guy. Best friend passed away unexpectedly and you need a day or two to make sure you fulfill a promise you made to them? Say no more, I got you. Employee croak and leave a major brain drain? It'll cost you, but I can help.

Sounds great doesn't it? I bet it does, but there's a catch. I only do temporary reanimations. I know it sounds great being able to see someone you love again, but upsetting the natural order of things just isn't appealing. Any two bit necromancer can make a mindless zombie horde, but it takes a special bit of skill to bring back a whole person with full consciousness.

You need not worry though. My spells are precise. You tell me how long you need, I do my work, and we're all happy in the end. The spells even ensure the target returns to their crypt at the end of their time because let's face it, nobody wants to deal with a mound of rotting flesh sitting in their home or office.

In case you're wondering what kind of compensation I require? I generally give people a day or two on the house. It's such a small amount of time that charging for it just feels wrong. After that the price rises in proportion to the time you need. A couple years will cost you a few million minimum.

Sure it's expensive, but everything comes at a cost and I'm not exactly benefitting from these prices either. My time is limited too so when I started seeing serious income I setup charitable organizations to assist people in processing their grief in a healthy manner. I mean, it's not like I can take it with me either, right?

Anyway, sorry to have kept you so long. I have one last customer to tend to before my time is up. I'll see you on the other side friends.