Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Primus_Drago t1_j6lclo2 wrote

Tensions were always rising, nothing new. The sun rose and set, the leaders preached, some found new ways to battle, others searched for meaning in their existence. For the inhabitants of Rahjeera, this was life. What was new were the innovations of a Flamosian engineer, powerful projectile launchers striking out over great distances. Her work was interrupted as a Fa'thef drake entered her workshop.

"So, what you got cookin' today babe?"

"Nothing for you." She replied, annoyed. She grabbed the cartridge from the bench and checked the capacity, adding a long round before sliding the unit into a boxy frame. "I think I made it clear you weren't supposed to come back here."

"Oh please, all you need is one night with me to change your tune." He recoiled as she spun a barrel onto the box and quickly held it to his chin. His eyes narrowed, glaring at the fiery dragoness. "I don't get what you see in him. I'm twice the drake he could ever be."

"Get. Out." She growled tensely, flame dripping from her maw. She held a bead on Jobias as he retreated, letting a shuddering sigh of relief go once he was gone. She leaned against her bench as she stared at her latest weapon, her magnum opus. She clicked the safety into position before setting it down, grabbing her gear for the team game tonight.

Great towers of stone dotted the landscape, and Sixxus stood atop the tallest. The black Ouroboros drake had a good feeling about tonight, his partner Kayara was talking a big game about her latest creation. He took mental notes of the field, figuring where best to place himself and Kayara. Satisfied with his preparation, he took flight, lazily drifting towards the town, and Kayaras workshop. He was surprised when the scenery changed completely, far from land. The ocean was vast below him, and with nothing to gain his bearings, he was totally lost.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Slow the feeling of panic, keep calm. He closed his eyes to center himself, and when he opened them, he crashed into a cave wall. His head was spinning as he stood, unable to rise past all fours. He took in his new environment, wondering what kind of trick was being played on him. "Where the hell am I?"

It wasn't two steps until he was outside Kayaras workshop, and he caught sight of Jobias walking away. He had no time to think as a torrent of information flooded his eyes, text and flashes of color scrawling across his vision faster than he could comprehend. He felt his mind crack open with a searing agony before he collapsed.

Kayara did a final check of her things and left the shop, almost tripping over her partner in the process. The drake groaned as he came to, clawed hands shielding his eyes from the light.

"Syl!? What happened to you?" Kayara asked, kneeling down and checking him over. "Were you attacked?"

"Sshhh, too loud." He complained, slowly rolling over and stretching, making sure he was functional before attempting to stand. "Kay, where am I?"

"What? You're... in front of my shop?" She replied, questioningly. "Where did you think you were?"

"I've had a rough twenty minutes, I'm not sure if it even happened." He replied as he stood, rubbing his head. He notes with displeasure a sore spot from the cave wall. "I've been, like, teleporting all over. I was at the field, but when I left I was over an ocean, then I was down in a cave, and I showed up here."

"Looks like you were napping."

"Yeah, I saw a lot of color and text right after I saw Jobias fleeing down the way, and then I passed out."

"So... are you good?"

"I think so?" Sixxus replied uncertainly, giving himself a last once-over. "Yeah, I'm good."

Kayara shrugged and patted his back, coiling her tail around his as they walked towards the field arena.

Part 2 coming later!

Follow the adventure at r/PrimusWrites