Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Corrupted_G_nome t1_j73ivzg wrote

There was a case of human cloning in China and the government jailed that doctor and their staff. It was illegal and lacked permits officially and the results came out after the child was born via surrogate. I never did hear much follow up so I don't know if that was a hoax or fake news story.

I heard another of a family cloning a young child who was hit by a car and died. Again I did not confirm that story. It does bring up some weird ethical questions tho about potential uses of this technology.

efh1 t1_j73jxr5 wrote

I know this is going to sound crazy and people get weird about ufo stuff and cults but there is literally a ufo cult that claimed they cloned a human awhile ago and they still offer cloning services on their website. I wish I was making this up and at the time it was regarded as a hoax and it may have been but if you research the cult they have a PHD in charge and are pretty serious about wanting to clone people. I cover it all in the article below.

https://medium.com/predict/a-ufo-cult-that-offers-alleged-human-cloning-services-b1a95874f83b

Corrupted_G_nome t1_j73kbme wrote

Now that you mention it I linda remember the headline on this case. Super weird imo but the tech is very existing and very possible. Morally and ethically its super questionable tho.

efh1 t1_j73kh7l wrote

That’s the thing about cults. They have different moral and ethic codes.

Corrupted_G_nome t1_j73kv3w wrote

To be fair the article shared also included embryonic stem cell research which is banned in some US states but was a critical point of research of all kinds for some time (maybe still is) so I can see how that would go underground.

Designer babies should be a forbidden technology. Cure illnesses ore birth and remove genetic defects, fine. Choosing phenotype traits is creepy af imom