Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Bmoreravens_1290 t1_j7dlv0o wrote

The Wyman Park vs Hampden cutoff is odd. #1 vs #19 and both share the same benefits. They gave Wyman Park A+ for nightlife but there aren’t any restaurants in the designated area.

AyyScare OP t1_j7dnxub wrote

The nightlife ratings are a little odd. If I understand their scoring properly, it sounds like Wyman Park benefits from being so close to Hampden, Charles Village, Remington, and the Rotunda. Those give them a ton of restaurants, a decent number of bars, a large college/young adult population... Those all play into how that gets calculated.

Definitely right inside of the neighborhood lines though, it's a lower nightlight grade.

HorsieJuice t1_j7efetj wrote

Wyman Park gets an A+ for nightlife but a C- for public schools despite being served predominantly by some of the best in the city? lol wut?

AyyScare OP t1_j7fk87x wrote

I could be wrong here, but I think it gets a C- because it is only considering public schools, it doesn't take into account the Baltimore School Choice program, and I'm also not sure how it determines the school it rates the score on.

Assuming it works directionally like GreatSchools/Zillow... It will tell you schools in Wyman Park get a 6/10 for Elementary/Middle and then a 1/10 for high school. That would put you somewhere in C- territory.

So yeah. Not ideal. All of these websites would potentially scare prospects looking to move to these neighborhoods with families...

BmoreInterested t1_j7gvkq0 wrote

Excuse me sir, but we have the RoFo on Keswick. I'll accept your apology now... Lol.