Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BlueFalconPunch t1_jdp41hd wrote

I hope there a dash cam or a longer earlier start to the video I've seen. I heard that both were driving aggressive but the video isn't clear

Myfavoritepetsnameis t1_jdp56or wrote

I’m just speaking from my personal experience and the few seconds we have in the video.

I drove a 9 ton truck for easily 500 miles a week for many years around the beltway. When I put on my signal people would speed up like I was going to steal their lunch. Instead I started to match their speed for a couple seconds and have them come up beside me then I’d tap the brakes to change lanes behind them. They got to be very predictable and this was the safer way to change lanes. People drive like absolute asshats around the beltway. I don’t understand it at all. Once you get off on 95, 70, or 795 they don’t seem to do it as much.

hypatiaakat t1_jdpvyi3 wrote

Completely agree, this happens all the time. The moment the blinker comes on, the person behind speeds up. They do it to merging traffic all the time, tailgating in the right lane, etc.

Here, this was a work zone and both drivers were reckless. People died because of it.