Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

octosquink t1_iycjp7r wrote

Everyone says Bay Property Management sucks but I have had no issues since renting from them beginning May 2021. We’ve had to get a lot of work done on this rental house too: new roof, French drain in the basement, new oven.

[deleted] t1_iyckun3 wrote

[deleted]

octosquink t1_iycwtvh wrote

Damn. We have a specific property manager person we can email or text with issues that arise. Sorry you’re having so many problems. Our house is owned by someone out of state and they pay for the repairs, I don’t know if their involvement has anything to do with our better experiences or not. I have a feeling that if I was renting an apartment owned by Bay it might not be such a good experience. I think I got really lucky 🤞🏻 because I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff on Reddit.

JT_2005 OP t1_iyd3c8c wrote

Yeah, I’ve looked up BPM and all I could find were people describing what a nightmare their experiences with them were. Also they got an A on the BBB and a few good reviews like yours so I’ll probably tour anyway just to get a feel of it

75footubi t1_iyda65r wrote

Just for the record BBB is pay to play, so any company can buy an A+ rating and have bad reviews deleted.

MoJoEsq t1_iydt4uu wrote

My internet research seems to indicate BPM uses a bunch of independent contractor type of property managers and is an umbrella org for that.... Once you see how big a geographic area they cover, it's not really a surprise. So I get the sense your experience with them may vary widely based on the actual property management folks you get. We live in one of their properties in Canton, and they've been good for us but I get the sense that may vary by neighborhood/who is contracted or assigned in your area.