Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wavy-seals t1_ix26rbv wrote

I’m for the subway as well - or the bus rapid transit system. Light rail is okay, but not ideal. I understand the concern of it running down two lane streets for several blocks, but I also don’t think we should halt progress for four blocks worth of road.

I’ve lived abroad, I’ve seen BRTs, and subways, and trams, and have ridden all of the above. The American car brain mindset grinds my gears. People really can’t wrap their heads around how great public transit can be because their only frame of reference is the light rail ride to Camden Yards four times a year.

coys21 t1_ix28h8t wrote

I'm just north of the beltway on a side street just off of Dulaney Valley. I'm far enough away that a light rail down York Road would not necessarily impact me for good or bad. From Ridgely to the Circle is just under 3 miles of heavily commuted York rd. I can't envision how that could be done. You'd have to widen York rd or just get rid of the turn lane. I'd prefer the whole damn thing be a subway. Or, instead of a standard light rail, let's do some San Francisco style street cars. I would ride the shit out of those.