Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sxswnxnw t1_j64uhiw wrote

I do not think this is accurate.

It wasn't covid bail out money: she allegedly made illegal withdrawals from her retirement account because she allegedly lied about being financially needy in order to make the withdrawals.

BJJBean t1_j64v4qm wrote

My mistake.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/marilyn-mosby-indicted-baltimore/36901609

"Mosby claimed to have experienced financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to withdraw from the city's Deferred Compensation Plan on two separate occasions, receiving $40,000 and $50,000.

But documents show she continued to receive her full salary during the pandemic, which was a gross salary in 2020 of $247,955.58 and it was never reduced: "Rather than experiencing a reduction in income in 2020, Mosby's gross salary in 2020 increased over her gross salary in 2019, which was $238,772.04," the indictment states."

warda8825 t1_j688ppe wrote

"Financially needy" and making $200,000+ a year. Okay, sure, after taxes she obviously wouldn't see all of it, but she was probably pocketing at least 100K of it, maybe a tad more. What an insult to people in/around the city actually struggling and attempting to make ends meet on under 30K/year. Sheesh.

PigtownDesign t1_j65yp55 wrote

And now she has been declared indigent and so gets a federal public defender. This is so insulting to people who really are indigent. I guess she transferred all of her assets to Nick (bad idea).

FriedScrapple t1_j660k3i wrote

It means she doesn’t get to delay any more, so there’s that.