Submitted by Laar14 t3_z908gh in books

Welcome friend, just about finished the audiobook and loving it. Genuinely laugh out loud good which, even with books I enjoy, is rare. It probably helps that Matthew Holness (Garth) is narrating.

Purchased it due to being a big fan of Dark Place in the early noughties and it lived up to my hopes. Garth is still as narcissistic and as (intentionally) poor a writer as ever and it’s brilliant.

Just wondering what others have thought of it? Particularly anyone unfamiliar with Garths previous works as I’m wondering what someone going in without context would make of it.

Edit: title should read TerrorTome

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Ireallyamthisshallow t1_iyegn4f wrote

Author/dream weaver/visionary - I love Garth Marenghi. A fun fact, he's one of the few people you'll ever meet who's written more books than he's read.

Euripidaristophanist t1_iyechs7 wrote

I didn't even know this existed, but now it's in my library. Thanks!
I've only ever glanced at Dark Place, but what I saw, stuck with me forever.

manicexister t1_iyfe5bu wrote

It is the greatest limited release horror-medical 80s TV show set in Romford ever made.

Rellgidkrid t1_iyefuk4 wrote

I second that. I’m just now aware of this because of your post and will order right away. Bye.

Guyver0 t1_iyeh182 wrote

Garth is currently on a book tour in the UK. Saw him at the weekend, where he did a reading, a Q&A and a signing. Was a great evening.

ThaFilth t1_iyex1z3 wrote

It’s great that enough time has passed that Great Britain is now ready for Mr. Marenghi’s works. There was a time it just wasn’t safe to release them on the general public.

[deleted] t1_iyekmnv wrote

You should now watch Holness's "Possum" (2018) as an interesting counterpoint...

ben_jamin_h t1_iyf6oxy wrote

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I am about to download it and will return to this post once I have consumed it in its entirety.