Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Bierdigan_ t1_iy711om wrote

I think he would love both of those, thank you so much! The idea of the everyman hero stepping into trouble sounds right up his alley. The more recommendations I get the more I feel I should've shared about my grandpa haha. He grew up very simply in a small town in Utah, shootin' and idolizing guys like John Wayne, and he's always had a great sense of humor, so simple folk doing great and unlikely things is a theme I think he'd gravitate toward. There's also an incredible intellect about him, our whole family thinks he should be on Jeopardy cause he's always watched it daily and usually gets all the answers right.

That being said, the Dublin Murder Squad sounds right up his alley as well. When Grandma's not around he watches English detective shows, and that's not too far off from what this series seems to be. Thank you, I'm definitely adding those (probably just the first ones in the series unless there's some other standouts?) to his pile!

Arthurs_librarycard9 t1_iy8frfj wrote

I think the first in the series is a great place to start!

And thank you for sharing about your Grandpa! My Nana (grandma) loves to read, and I love picking out books for her for Christmas as well. It is such a little thing that I cherish, and I hope you and your Grandpa have a lovely Christmas. I am sure he will enjoy whatever book you pick for him!