Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Professional-Cat-693 t1_j21lad9 wrote

I liked the LOTR. But I feel the scene where Frodo and Sam leave the Fellowship really changed the story. In the book no one sees them leave. Aragon et al, learn "some hobbits" were taken by the Orcs. They follow them, hoping it is Frodo... the freaking ring bearer. They don't wave him off with a smile.

TywinShitsGold t1_j2298el wrote

The first chapter of Two Towers they figure out the riddle immediately after Viking funeraling Boromir.

Only frodo would have taken the boat, only Sam woulda taken his pack.

“Our choice then,” said Gimli,“is either to take the remaining boat and follow Frodo, or else to follow the Orcs on foot. There is little hope either way. We have already lost precious hours.”

They follow Merry and Pippen knowing it’s not frodo and that frodo and Sammie are all alone.

foreverinLOL t1_j23dljd wrote

I would say that LOTR: ROTK has the worst differences in book vs. movie. Gollum actually manipulating Frodo into telling Sam to go home? That was the worst. Because Sam would never and they face Shelob together. I mean imagine you make it to Minas Morgul and travel around with Frodo and he just says:"Go home". I felt that was a bit stupid and given that the characters looked like teenagers, Frodo often comes off as way too whiny.