Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

sjsmac t1_j5urre6 wrote

You’re asking for suggestions so your post will be deleted by the mods. Suggest you go to /r/SuggestMeABook

unlovelyladybartleby t1_j5uuhzt wrote

Devolution by Max Brooks

nyrdcast t1_j5vjct7 wrote

Just coming to recommend this book. It might be a stretch, but I think this actually hits 3 of the 4 themes (1, 2, 4).

GuidedArk t1_j5v6mo7 wrote

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King has most if not all these themes

send_broods t1_j5urjub wrote

The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff Vandermeer ticks off almost all those boxes.

shelfdiscovery t1_j5urolm wrote

Throne of Glass would be my top rec for a series that makes you fall in love with the characters and world, AND where the main character is barely recognizable by the end of the series given what they have gone through.

And I recently read William Ritter's Jackaby series, which is sort of like a paranormal Sherlock Holmes - very cool atmosphere of supernatural & unexplainable events!

Hazel_nut1992 t1_j5vavf8 wrote

I’m finishing the last book in the Throne of Glass series and for a book as long as it is, it still feels too short I never want to leave. The world building made me so happy. And for the amount of characters in it by the end I still care about all of them

Goelian t1_j5urtcf wrote

1. Brotherband 4.books by brēne brown or the book or “You are a badass” by Jen Sincero

ri-mackin t1_j5usnn1 wrote

Supernature by Jeffrey krippal

ri-mackin t1_j5uso82 wrote

Supernature by Jeffrey krippal

Bombadilicious t1_j5utmd9 wrote

Just popping in to say I love Magnus Archives!

JabberwockyMT t1_j5utqfm wrote

Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Cycle- start with the Raven Boys combines several of these! All the Crooked Saints by her also!

Five_Marsh_Rat t1_j5uuko5 wrote

For #3... The Lathe of Heaven by Ursula K Le Guin

Ankhst t1_j5uuoen wrote

Hmmm....so in short you want a bit of everything all of the time? Look at the Discworld novels. Depending on which series you go for you will find a series that fits at least 1 of your points. There are 41 Discworld novels in total, so....try there?

theRose90 t1_j5uuov8 wrote

Maybe The Locked Tomb series for number 2.

Midelaye t1_j5vcvnl wrote

The Locked Tomb series hits 1, 2, and 4 imo.

theRose90 t1_j5vd40n wrote

Yeah i didn't want to risk 1 because it's not a secret world type deal, and i haven't finished the first book yet so i can't speak for 4

Conscious-Sherbert84 t1_j5uxwb4 wrote

For 1 Cryptid, conspiracy, supernatural mystery, etc. have a look at Kraken by China Mieville. Also The Laundry Files by Charles Stross.

Canolli96 t1_j5v1jx8 wrote

Fantasy: Mirror Visitor books by Christelle Dabos, King of scars by Leigh Bardugo, Six of crows by Leigh Bardugo, Neverending Story by Michael Ende Tiffany Weh books by Terry Pratchett

iceclimbr t1_j5v3ggs wrote

Children of Time for 3 & 4. Adrian Tchaikovsky

buckfastmonkey t1_j5v3jmx wrote

For number 1 : House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

For 2,3 and 4 : Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut jr. my favourite novel of all time.

rbrumble t1_j5v4wcw wrote

1. There is no antimemetics division by qntm

Caty_Cake t1_j5v5o5g wrote

This book (serie) is not sci-fi but it have time travelling: The Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier. Maybe section 2 or 4 Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. You can also find books here: Risingshadow. You can find there a lot of books in different genres. Just nice to know this website when you looking new books.

Eire_Banshee t1_j5v7qll wrote

Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi

interruptedreader t1_j5vb84z wrote

1. Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo

2. This is How You Lose the Time War

3. Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow

rrrrrrrrrrfffffffff t1_j5vd7pw wrote

Piranesi by Susanna Clarke and The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern are two that i would recommend!

911WhatsYrEmergency t1_j5vdae4 wrote

I think The King in Yellow by Chambers fits #1 a bit. You have cryptid, paranormal, strange, unexplainable events and a whole bunch of existential dread. Skip the last 4 stories though.

featherfinch t1_j5vdzr6 wrote

A Madness of Angels by Kate griffin is my 100% all time favorite book.

Vdpants t1_j5vf0ur wrote

2 : kingkiller chronicles 4: man's Search for meaning, a thousand splendid Suns

okiegirl22 t1_j5vjahs wrote

Hello. Per rule 3.3, please post book recommendation requests in /r/SuggestMeABook or in our Weekly Recommendation Thread. Thank you.

j_grouchy t1_j5v1o6r wrote

1. Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco, V. by Thomas Pynchon. Both pretty dense, but good, mysterious reads.
  2. Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson
  3. I recently just read The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Catherine Webb. Kind of a new take on the time loop story. Also, The Electric Kingdom by David Arnold is a new take on the post-apocalypse with an interesting time loop thrown in.
  4. ...drawing a blank on this one right now...

eganba t1_j5veme0 wrote

For question 2: The Gentleman Bastards book set fits this. Also the Riyria Chronicles and Revelations.

For 3: The Expanse series. The Forever War by Joe Haldeman