Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pillbinge t1_j9qccs2 wrote

Some guy is just out for a walk with a dog, and now his photo is posted online, because you're new to the area and don't know how to handle the cold?

Middle-Example6618 t1_j9qdizi wrote

yes, OP has invited us to judge a stranger for doing normal human things.

CoolAbdul t1_j9qh2uw wrote

Shorts in February is not normal and wasn't a thing until 15-20 years ago. I remember when New Englanders were stoic and pragmatic and not "ooh everyone look how impervious to winter I am" fucktards.

−10

CDM2017 t1_j9ra2ea wrote

As a New Englander for more than 40 years, I can tell you there has always been a subset of people who wear shorts year-round. But 15-20 years ago people started posting their photos online for you to see. And apparently you were angry about it.

Before that, only their moms got upset about it, and only because it made the moms cold to see it.

CoolAbdul t1_j9sdwt7 wrote

Well, I've got twenty years on you and it's always been a "look at me, look at me, look at how tough I am" move, and I never saw anyone doing it until the 90's at least.

−6

BrotherSensitive7876 t1_j9r46by wrote

You sound like an asshole. This guy bang your wife or something?

Middle-Example6618 t1_j9r71k2 wrote

Yes.

BrotherSensitive7876 t1_j9r7k9s wrote

I was talking to cool abdool

Middle-Example6618 t1_j9rb1ua wrote

And Yes, I am banging his wife.

Middle-Example6618 t1_j9r6yo9 wrote

If you were alive 30 years ago you'd recall them then also. But you weren't. So DO tell us all about your world.

MelvilleMeyor OP t1_j9qe533 wrote

Iโ€™ve lived in the cold my entire life, itโ€™s just a little joke, relax.

As you can see, this photo doesnโ€™t identify the person as anything other than a dude who wears shorts and a hoodie in cold weather and/or snow, which there are a lot of in this state.

pillbinge t1_j9qemas wrote

You're rationalizing. It's a photo of someone just going about, with a dog that someone may even recognize. Maybe they're on here. We can't readily identify the person but that's a rule of thumb for the media, not posters online. Most people wouldn't like this.

>a dude who wears shorts and a hoodie in cold weather and/or snow, which there are a lot of in this state.

Right, but then it's not remarkable, which is also something to consider. Post yourself, not people doing nothing wrong.

−5

CoolAbdul t1_j9qhdvn wrote

Do you honestly think ANYONE can recognize that dog from that photo?

MelvilleMeyor OP t1_j9qj9fb wrote

Itโ€™s a just potato, but itโ€™s my potato.

−1

MelvilleMeyor OP t1_j9qfe1l wrote

Public parks are just that, public. You can have no reasonable expectation of privacy there and also itโ€™s a joke about a specific Massachusetts stereotype, relax.

−1