Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Solar_Piglet OP t1_je21pa4 wrote

Some of the videos out of NYC are nightmare-level surreal. I know it's a much bigger city but still..

I hope your cousin recovered ok.

−62

kratomkiing t1_je22nj1 wrote

I think he's talking about NY pizza on Tremont St not NYC

RhaenyrasUncle t1_je27whz wrote

That whole area is bananaland.

I walked through there a few weeks back. There was some nightclub a bunch of people were in line for. People were parking their cars in the middle of the street, basically making their own parking spots...openly drinking liquor and smoking blunts while driving, blasting music...just no fucks given whatsoever.

BobbyBrownsBoston t1_je2rsct wrote

That’s basically any northeastern city that has an actual nightlife. In Boston that’s one side of one street on one block…in NYC and Philly that’s a few blocks.

What you’re describing is exactly why Boston doesn’t have much nightlife. The disorder is not palatable to much if not most of the populace.

Bostonians want a lot of things in theory …. but when it comes to real life implementation there’s a never ending list of reasons why they wouldn’t put their money where their mouth is.

IRGood t1_je42ok1 wrote

Hahaha what

MalakaiRey t1_je48our wrote

Hes saying big cities with a busy nightlife look more like what was described. the loud music, the illegal parking, marijuana...THE HORROR. Bostonians complain about 2am closes and lame night scenes while complaining about how nightlife looks and sounds.

Another example, bostonians want an awesome subway and improved traffic while at the same time not wanting any construction or traffic delays required to make the improvements.

Just a lot of posturing and complaining.

BobbyBrownsBoston t1_je52zuw wrote

We want affordable housing! But not in my back yard! and no rent control! And not to tall!

The nightlife czar came in and the first thing she mentioned was transportation (lol, she has no control over that and late night public transportation is not crucial to nightlife- see Miami, LA, Las Vegas, Houston and Atlanta) and things for families, and seniors other than clubs…. (doesn’t sound like much fun)

It’s kind of like folks have no idea what it would take to achieve these goals

muddymoose t1_je2t6re wrote

Wasnt that part of the Combat Zone back in the day?