Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Juancho511 OP t1_je35q9u wrote

Been 10 mins since I took the photo, still no train. Fuck MBTA, fuck fuck fuck the incompetent MBTA management.

BobbyBrownsBoston t1_je382f0 wrote

Nice random leak., no bucket, no one to mop it up. No cones on the larger spill

AdmiralAK t1_je3a2pz wrote

A thing of the past? You, my friend, are VERY optimistic! I really envy your optimism and trust in the MBTA.

Markymarcouscous t1_je3ewq8 wrote

For much of the orange line it would have simply been faster to walk by the time your train showed up.

yazoo34 t1_je3fcnu wrote

Eh all the lines suck right now. Took me an hour and a half to go from Braintree to broadway. And I didn’t wait for the train in Braintree.

Haunting_Quantity_26 t1_je3iiin wrote

I always appreciated how the buses ran in Boston, but I always expected delays with the T. I always got to my destination relatively on time with the public buses.

Commercial_Board6680 t1_je3karj wrote

I still can't believe I moved to a city, that got excellent ratings in numerous sources for its mass transit operations, and this is the reality. That poor bastard who just got hired is in for a Promethean battle.

bostonguy2004 t1_je3lz52 wrote

Lol you actually think these slow zones on the T will get fixed in the next months or years? How long have you been living in Boston?

Reddit bot, remind me about this post and comment l in 6 months.

Just look back to the Winter of 2015, the T was in similarly terrible shape and never really has returned to full, reliable service.

Spinncycle57 t1_je4ic1d wrote

Write your legislators and the governor. Complaining here is fun but we’re not the people in charge.

E-Rock77 t1_je4iz79 wrote

Can’t wait? Sorry to break it to you, but you and everyone else are waiting, and will continue to do so.

−1

[deleted] t1_je4jhid wrote

Imagine the wait time when Wu makes it free. Our mayor 🤡

−22

freegirl920 t1_je4l01u wrote

I used to joke about relying on the MBTA to get to work. You're guaranteed to be either 20 mins late or 20 mins early.

josef_k___ t1_je4pudf wrote

I was waiting at Green St this past Saturday morning and some 10yo little girl went "Daddy, it's been saying 1 minute for 5 minutes now!...Now it says it's stopped!"

I was just laughing to myself thinking of Ernesto from Always Sunny: "I share this little girls pain."

_AttilaTheNun_ t1_je4q9ur wrote

It'll be a 'thing of the past' when your commute is 50 mins longer and you wish it was just 30 like now.

🥲

els1988 t1_je4ttbu wrote

Some cities have live tracking with the countdown clocks or on their transit app, but even with that, there are issues with trains and busses still not showing up or disappearing off the route entirely. Not sure if MBTA has real time countdown clocks though. I would assume it does not.

Mnemon-TORreport t1_je4u10s wrote

I feel like somebody needs to create a MBTAsux Reddit so we can move these posts over there.

I get it - the T blows. But it feels like every day for like a year there's another uninteresting picture posted just like this one.

nwsm t1_je5057s wrote

> can’t wait till this issue is a thing of the past

Oh honey…

Shnikes t1_je52qhb wrote

Started a new job in January. I take Oak Grove to Back Bay everyday to work between 7:00-8:30AM. I’ve only had to wait 15min at most. Then I take it from Back Bay to Oak Grove between 3:30-5:00PM. It’s at max been a 10min wait. The orange line has been running pretty decent. Im surprised you had to wait that long for a train but the night trains are probably much worse.

My co-workers on the red line had their 30-40min commutes take an hour and a half to 2 hours.

Edit: fixed 3:30-5:00AM to PM

huughonaut t1_je57va6 wrote

Does anyone know if there’s a time frame on when things will be back to normal?

Drix22 t1_je5ttib wrote

I love how these were put in to improve communication to riders, and they basically just lie to us all the time.

abusive_prick t1_je5vbjm wrote

At this point they should just shut down the T and pave over the tracks

fiddysix_k t1_je63h2o wrote

Lol, a thing of the past. What you're really seeing is a glimpse of things to come.

myjobisdull t1_je67kxk wrote

I've had to ask to change my hours at work to make sure I make to work in time, and I can catch my bus on the way home. It's unbelievable that I have to take a 6:26 am bus to get to Kendall Sq before 8am. My bus only runs every 1/2hr, so I have to now leave work at 4pm in order to catch a 5:25 pm bus.

Vespaeelio t1_je6809x wrote

Join the club!

Edit: on the trolly and the one in front of us broke down FML

myjobisdull t1_je683gs wrote

I take the same station and go to Downtown Crossing, I used to get there by 7:30am, since the slowdown I'm not getting to DTC until 7:45, and I still need to get to Kendall and I've been late to work everyday this week. On top of that normally I'd have a 15-20 wait time before my bus at Oak to go home, and all this week I've had 2mins to catch the bus at Oak. There's an waiting issue.

FortuneLegitimate679 t1_je6i60r wrote

I remember a time when the T ran on time/quickly, so it’s possible. Green line is a joke though. Just walk, you’ll get there faster

dg8882 t1_je6rk2o wrote

Remember when they shut it down for a month? Good to see all that time went to good use...

spootex t1_je7log9 wrote

This might soon be a thing of the past. The MBTA got a new GM who promised to take the public transit to work everyday - which means that he will have the motivation to fix it. Apparently, he did good work for MTA (NYC) and LIRR (Long Island) as well. Also, a top executive recently got fired. He was working from Hawaii and was never in Boston.

whalebish t1_je7ytca wrote

I went back to Uber. I don’t use the T anymore.