Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

chongo_gedman t1_jd3c45n wrote

the point is moot: they can't even maintain the whole system or stop people drinking/doing drugs inside of stations, so they sure as hell aren't going to police people bringing animals on trains

Conan776 t1_jd3de24 wrote

Let's compromise!

• Dogs: OK.

• People shooting up heroin: OK.

• Dogs shooting up heroin: Not OK.

gnimsh t1_jd65f5p wrote

Dogs are just out here trying to live their best lives

vinvin212 t1_jd3so51 wrote

Exactly this. A dog on the train is better than the guy blowing his second hand smoke at me on the platform.

mpjjpm t1_jd3k0uk wrote

Pets are already allowed on the T, they just need to be leashed or in a carrier.

jonlb87 t1_jd3g3v2 wrote

Shouldn’t they focus on the T actually working first ?

Conan776 t1_jd3d42y wrote

How am I supposed to deal with the T without my emotional support rhino?

UnderThePeachTrees t1_jd6hu4q wrote

Maybe your rhino can have a play date with my emotional support ostrich next time we take the T? 🤣

NEU_Throwaway1 t1_jd3lkc1 wrote

The last few times I've taken the subway, the animals are definitely better behaved and less likely to attack me.

RailRoad_Candy t1_jd3ct1e wrote

Having a dog punch a grumpy on the T is just the Cherry on Top of the entire T experience.

psychicsword t1_jd3rijl wrote

I store all of my pet rats on the T. Where do you expect that I should move them if they were banned?

Silverline_Surfer t1_jd405p2 wrote

I’d actually be willing to pay more for my fare if it included the spectacle of getting to watch Mr. T fight a buffalo on the train.

AutoModerator t1_jd3al9m wrote

The linked source has opted to use a paywall to restrict free viewership of their content. As alternate sources become available, please post them as a reply to this comment. Users with a Boston Public Library card can often view unrestricted articles here.

Boston Globe articles are still permissible as it's a soft-paywall. Please refrain from reporting as a Rule 5 violation. Please also note that copying and posting the entire article text as comments is not permissible.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

GlobeOpinion OP t1_jd3fkzi wrote

Hi automod! Our newsletter excerpts are actually in front of the paywall and are always free, as are the newsletters.

−1