Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

LibertineDeSade t1_je60obh wrote

I was born and raised in Philly, actually grew up a few blocks from Pats and Genos. I promise you, it's the tourist variant. LMAO. I try to warn people, I try so hard. But if it makes you happy, I support it... reluctantly.

OakenGreen t1_je60yb6 wrote

Hey I lived there for a year. Had to try it once. Usually I got American but I gotta try everything. I actually probably didn’t live too far from you. I rented a second floor apartment on the 100 block of market street.

LibertineDeSade t1_je6t76q wrote

Ah, you were in Old City. I was the other way, growing up on the other side of Broad Street. I did live down 4th and South for a couple years as an adult though, so not too far from there. You were definitely in the "not from here" area. LOL But it's cool though Old City is a great area, especially for going out. Shame we never met though, I could have taken you to a papi store to get a real good, greasy cheeseteak for less that $10.

OakenGreen t1_je6x5gh wrote

I made a few local friends that took me to some nice areas but yeah I was just moving through and the rent was ridiculously cheap there. It got me through an interesting time in my life, and i lived right next to my work. But yeah I was definitely in the tourist zone.

LibertineDeSade t1_je7xo53 wrote

Ah cheap rent... those were the days. I'm in the process of permanently moving to NY and it is wild how close the rents are coming these days. Anyway, it's good you got to see some place around. It's a fun city.