Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dyqik t1_jdaj0j5 wrote

Well, that escalated slowly.

likezoinksscooby t1_jda53b4 wrote

It’s all about those small victories.

That said, what’s the over/under on how many days until they break down again?

sharpe_af t1_jdamqyy wrote

I pray one day the T will too.

f0rtytw0 t1_jdbaizt wrote

Replace all the trains with escalators

dyqik t1_jdc7dqr wrote

That's what the line on the London tube map between Bank and Monument stations actually is.

TakenOverByBots t1_jdah8dm wrote

Finally, no more going down the sketchy hallway to the elevator!

johnmcboston t1_jdcgxv5 wrote

The CVB story helped, but they exposed a bigger issue that the T hasn't addressed. All of S Station is leased to a company to run, and that company is saving money by doing things like not fixing escalators. Where else are they cutting corners? Why has this not invalidated this lease?

Silverline_Surfer t1_jdcinbi wrote

It’s the same company that’s permitted to manage Faneuil Hall, based out of NY… if you’ve seen the state of Quincy Market in recent years, that should tell you everything about how much they actually care.

johnmcboston t1_jdcmd8h wrote

Didn't know it was the same, but I know they keep getting in trouble for the management of FH/QM, and the city councilors keep wanting to cancel the contract, then it falls out of the news.

frankenplant t1_jdaszqk wrote

oh man this was my reaction when the escalator at Davis was finally fixed last year

Redshirt45 t1_jdcbz5h wrote

Thank you WCVB for doing a segment on this a month ago and getting the ball rolling. Next up is the faulty sprinkler system that requires the management company to have a fire dept truck parked outside at all times.

K_Gal14 OP t1_jdcc2q4 wrote

Oh my God. That's why they are there???

vrivvey t1_jdasiey wrote

Now THATS a situation

Coggs362 t1_jda905o wrote

Hmm is the mezzanine dining area opened yet? It's a bloody miracle, but I'm still holding off on celebrating.

Sayoria t1_jdd0iik wrote

With the power of friendship, THINGS CAN GET DONE!

We made it boys, gals, and enby pals. We never thought we would, but we did!

We....... we live to see this day. =')