Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

UltimateZo OP t1_iu2odek wrote

I have never experienced a timeframe so absurd and based on the metro population these hospitals have to serve I don't understand how it can be 3-6months. Then again this doesn't account for people flooding to these hospitals because they are "premier", which is what you seem to be insinuating. Better to just be straight forward.

−22

Yak_Rodeo t1_iu2par7 wrote

im not insinuating anything, i stated a fact. mass general is one of the best hospitals in the world and you expect to get a neurology appointment there in short order? its like asking why you cant get a friday reservation at carbone when applebees in des moines always has openings

also you realize the boston metro area is around 5 million people right? why compare san frans metro area to bostons city population?

nkdeck07 t1_iu4k8hn wrote

Their "evidence" against it was also showing that California also has 2 of the top 10 hospitals in the country, neither of which is in San Francisco and which are huge distances from one another. (I mean you could sorta claim it with Standford but still). Boston has 2 in that list within walking distance from one another.

UltimateZo OP t1_iu91n5c wrote

Your PCP must have you on some good medication to think that CA or the San Francisco Bay Area (emphasis on Bay Area) are just San Francisco! California also has 3 of the top 10 hospitals: Cedars-Sinai, UCLA, and Stanford. Truly you are ignorant.

UltimateZo OP t1_iu2qbot wrote

Perfect some factual info! I've updated the post to include the 5million figure as I was just quoting Boston proper which is incorrect. Thanks!

Mass general was only one of the 3 hospitals I called. Are Brigham and Women's and Beth Israel also Carbone? How about Tufts, Boston Medical, Cambridge? If they are all Carbone then where the hell do you go?

My intent was to get advice on HOW to navigate the healthcare system and get medical help that isn't just going to Urgent care or ER.

−6

[deleted] t1_iu5efcl wrote

Why didn’t you go to a neurologist who was affiliated with your primary care physician who you said was outside the city? I assume it’s like Salem hospital or something, so why didn’t you go there for a neurologist rather than Mass General? going to Mass General for migraine is like going to the French Laundry for a hotdog, sure they can make it but you’re gonna have to wait

UltimateZo OP t1_iu64llo wrote

People really enjoy their food analogies huh…

The PCP I met with was through a virtual appointment and she is located in Amherst, MA. She is completely remote because that was the way for me to meet with a PCP next day. So no, not Salem hospital.

Enjoy your hotdog at French Laundry!