Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Whyisthissobroken t1_iuhsllf wrote

A great suggestion someone gave me when I was looking years ago was to try the morning commute and see if you are okay with it. It might be easier to do the "evening" commute unless you feel like waking up early.

There's a difference between 93 and rt 2 when it comes to commuting into the city. But see if that will make you want to do the move.

newbl00d21 OP t1_iuhvj54 wrote

That’s a really good idea. We’re going to try to live in 2 different cities for a few days each and simulate driving to work, going grocery shopping at peak hours, checking out schools, etc. So we’ll definitely add this to the list, that’s an awesome ifea

bitpushr t1_iuiqx8k wrote

> A great suggestion someone gave me when I was looking years ago was to try the morning commute and see if you are okay with it. It might be easier to do the "evening" commute unless you feel like waking up early.

These days OP can use Waze (or Google Maps) and the "go later" feature to get estimates that tend to be pretty accurate. But you're right: nothing prepares you for it quite like doing it.