Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Interesting-Milk9910 t1_iu17c1o wrote

Blocking a bike lane w a motor vehicle ≠ blocking motor vehicle lane w a motor vehicle

[deleted] t1_iu1amnr wrote

[deleted]

Interesting-Milk9910 t1_iu1awn0 wrote

Because a motor vehicle cam kill a biker, a biker cannot kill a motorist. Also you ever play the “what shape fits on what hole” game as a kid? If somethings a big metal death trap it goes in the big metal death trap lane, not the bike lane, regardless of what their justification is

[deleted] t1_iu1c9eb wrote

[deleted]

Interesting-Milk9910 t1_iu1laj2 wrote

Yes stupid, what we are concerned about is cyclists dying. And no shit, obviously we are talking about the parked cars. The cars parked in the “not for parking cars lane”. The cars that force cyclists into the “get got by a tank” lane just to get around their stupid asses. How are you so dense? Edit: answered my own question. This user is a neoliberal, that’s how they are so dense

[deleted] t1_iu1m4i7 wrote

[deleted]

datepalmfacepalm t1_iu1p8fg wrote

In my personal experience I was irritated by driving in traffic and taking 45-60 minutes to travel 13 miles...so now I bike, and it still takes 45 minutes but it's a whole lot less unpleasant. Same thing with quick trips within the city - the improved bike infrastructure makes these trips quicker and more stress-free than driving.

[deleted] t1_iu2f8fc wrote

[deleted]

−1

datepalmfacepalm t1_iu2zqvp wrote

Well, it's not about delivery vehicles exclusively - seems like the scope covers any vehicle parked in bike lanes no?

> Boston seems hell-bent on just making driving even more miserable to discourage it, but of course that doesn’t actually work, it just invites backlash.

This is the part of your comment I was responding to. Making driving within the city "miserable" while improving alternatives does make people less likely to drive. Which benefits you, as a driver, when there are less cars on the road.

Interesting-Milk9910 t1_iu1omxr wrote

A parked car can’t kill someone is the same argument as a gun can’t shoot anybody, and neither are good arguments to try and make. You fucken right cars have to go somewhere, the dump. Get off yo lazy ass and try biking sometime, or are you too scared to get run over by a car? Edit: and like my other comment says, if you wanna keep parking in the bike lane ima start coming down that shit busting mirrors

−1