Submitted by drakirby t3_ycl1vo in boston

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I will be celebrating four years soon and we're looking for a fancy restaurant in Boston to eat at (but not like, sell your arm and leg for a piece of chicken and can only wear nice clothes fancy).

We love most cuisines. We're thinking Italian, but we're down if you guys have any other recommendations.

Ideally, the restaurant would be MBTA accessible.

Any suggestions?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

lintymcfresh t1_itmrjxt wrote

brassica kitchen, tasting menu. weird wild stuff. the food is fancier than the restaurant.

zootgirl t1_itmtgkx wrote

Anchovies, South End – so cozy, so delicious.

QueenOfBrews t1_itmxhmr wrote

Far from fancy, but I’d much rather go there than a lot of places in Boston on any given day.

[deleted] t1_itn7sl3 wrote

Not fancy at all.

zootgirl t1_itnaz4j wrote

Perhaps, but OP requested not too expensive and not too dressy. I’ve found Anchovies to be both. Sure, they’re not going to place the napkin on your lap or sweep the crumbs off your table, but it will be delicious and it won’t be pretentious.

The_Evolved_Ape t1_itmstyk wrote

Fox and the Knife is right near the Broadway station on the Red Line. It's some of the best Italian food in the city and if you're looking for something a little different than the North End.

Also, MIDA in South End is just a couple of blocks away from the Mass Ave station on the Orange Line. It's also very good.

mpdoran t1_itmxqq9 wrote

Giulia in Harvard square. My wife and I went there for every special occasion while we were dating, tasting menu with pairings is always fantastic.

tele23O7 t1_itn22zj wrote

carlo's in allston

drakirby OP t1_itn79gv wrote

I think this is what we're going to go with, thank you so much for the recommendation! Looks yummy :)

tele23O7 t1_itn84o4 wrote

hope you like it! the food is good and its a nice place to eat, more laid back than most north end places

hatersbelearners t1_itn6xrp wrote

Grotto for Italian

It's a Boston classic at this point.

Kkd t1_itniyln wrote

Grotto is great. Ask for the table tucked in the corner, It's a little more private and provides a more intimate feel when with your significant other.

cocktailvirgin t1_itn98ks wrote

Chickadee (far end of Seaport)

Sarma (Somerville)

Vee Vee (Jamaica Plain)

TheHonorableSavage t1_itogv1e wrote

Sarma is a great rec. Great menu both food and drink wise, and starting to collect awards and recognition. Not fancy for boomer tastes but would be a neighborhood favorite even in NY.

East_Share_9406 t1_itmscmj wrote

Me and my fiance went to Casa Romero a few years ago to celebrate a work milestone for me. I remember the food being crazy good. It is expensive but not crazy expensive, and it is in Back Bay so there is other fancy stuff nearby if you want to get dessert and a night cap after.

jamesland7 t1_itn63d0 wrote

Rino’s Place in Eastie. Easy from blue line

Extreme_Secretary156 t1_itnhfet wrote

Grotto in beacon hill for Italian. Like a 5 min walk from gov cent

AdKlutzy2420 t1_itpobut wrote

Second for Brassica! Right off the Forrest hills stop

lesbianzebra t1_itq20bg wrote

Ma Maison did a great job for our anniversary. It's French, and delicious.

QueenOfBrews t1_itmxa6c wrote

Mamma Maria. They book up insanely fast as soon as they open their reservations up (45 days in advance they told me last time I was there) so you might not have luck if you’re looking for prime time on a weekend anytime soon. But still worth a shot.

Lemonio t1_itn3jj3 wrote

Mariel is beautiful inside and food is great Music is a bit loud though if that bothers you If you want something quiet I like casa Romero or elephant walk

psc0425 t1_itnjlmu wrote

Wow, such a wonderful list of places to explore! Thanks