Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

HoneydewOk1731 t1_j25bz9i wrote

It would have been physically impossible to prevent it from spreading to the US, unless all incoming flights were suspended. And we know how xenophobic that is perceived to be. The virus has entered endemic mode, and that’s a good thing

−4

SomePolack t1_j25hhvj wrote

Shutting down all flights and then actually having people lockdown. Instead we let people do whatever they wanted and were shocked the virus kept spreading.

America never went into a full lockdown, not even close.

HoneydewOk1731 t1_j25lyss wrote

The lockdown would have to be never ending

−1

SomePolack t1_j25oyi9 wrote

Not true, it ended before we ever got COVID under control so it wouldn’t have to be forever.

HoneydewOk1731 t1_j25pu6o wrote

Doesn’t matter. Unless the entire world agrees to the same lockdown measures, which may not have even worked the way you believe, the US would have to ban air travel indefinitely. I get that people want more reasons to hate Trump, but what you’re saying makes little sense

SomePolack t1_j25q48r wrote

I never even referenced the big bad tangerine and I think Biden has downplayed the pandemic for political unity.

All I’m saying is if I was in charge - we would’ve had no international travel as soon as the report hit my desk. Sort out to the problems later, save a million Americans.

HoneydewOk1731 t1_j25qcpo wrote

Would that travel ban extend into 2023? Because there are countries outside the US still experiencing covid

SomePolack t1_j25s0g2 wrote

Idk, we’re talking about hypotheticals here so who knows. Just saying I would’ve done a lot more than was done, if I had any say.

Definitely wouldn’t have told people not to worry and to keep gathering for holidays.