Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

lonfal t1_iysstjv wrote

Thanksgiving poop

itsgreater9000 t1_iyt4nz6 wrote

seems to line up with the number of coughs i've been hearing in the office post thanksgiving.

Alfond378 t1_iyvsh8u wrote

Every year the highest spikes happen at this time so it's no big surprise. Like with influenza, COVID definitely has a seasonal trend.

Ilikereddit15 t1_iytt1ik wrote

Only silver lining here is if Covid #s go up, so does remote working

Beemo-Noir t1_iyu95gr wrote

And Republican votes go down. 🤷🏽‍♀️

−9

Ilikereddit15 t1_iyud1vj wrote

Republican? I have a picture of JFK hanging in my hallway. try again, sweetie. Also, is everything political with you lot? It’s insufferable.

−44

Cameron_james t1_iyvgbac wrote

I don't think the "republican" comment was directed at you. I think it was a motif about republicans not getting vaccines, and therefore, people dying from COVID. Some people are still rooting for that, I guess.

Ilikereddit15 t1_iyvn6d7 wrote

I got what they were saying but I thought they were specifically throwing it at me

−13

joshhw t1_iyvdqux wrote

I still rapid test prior to gatherings and most of my friends do as well. That is the only solution I know of at this point other than masking when in crowded spaces.

UltravioletClearance t1_iyvu2bn wrote

Don't rapid tests no longer pick up asymptomatic illness very well?

Stampeder t1_iyx8a8w wrote

Yup. That's why us and our friends still get PCRs

joshhw t1_iyy5ywc wrote

I haven’t read anything about that. Last i checked they still work for contagiousness

[deleted] t1_iywab4m wrote

Didn’t it spike like 2000% around this time last year? Is this what progress looks like?

AutoModerator t1_iyss7tz wrote

The linked source has opted to use a soft paywall to restrict free viewership of their content. As alternate sources become available, please post them as a reply to this comment. Users with a library card can often view unrestricted articles here Boston Herald articles are still permissible. Please refrain from filing report as Rule 5 violation.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

MumziDarlin t1_iyyqtxe wrote

In case anyone wants to see, and cannot because of the paywall, here are the actual charts on the MWRA: https://www.mwra.com/biobot/biobotdata.htm. I'm concerned about the hospitals and their strained capacity due to RSV (and to a lesser extent, flu). Local pediatricians are calling for mitigation efforts; one of the recommendations is "“Anyone gathering in crowded indoor spaces, including children who are symptomatic, should consider wearing a mask,” - that article was 11/17/22 https://www.boston.com/news/health/2022/11/17/massachusetts-rsv-physician-groups/ - kids are sneezing and coughing all over the place in crowded stores/schools, and very few are wearing masks. Even with so many being fully vaccinated/boosted, with the current strain on hospitals it is concerning with that wastewater data showing an upswing at such a steep rate of climb.

PotatoDragonMaster t1_iz0chh1 wrote

Whatever the variant is right now really sucks. Constant diarrhea for 3 days, much would have preferred a cough.

antzcrashing t1_iytzv5x wrote

Hurry there’s still time to cancel Christmas like last year

−12

Meat_Popsicles t1_iyu6mfq wrote

Did anyone care last Christmas?

Hribunos t1_iyuudot wrote

My wife and I made everyone get tested before last Christmas. Felt shitty to be the assholes but it worked, we were able to get together without anybody getting sick. Worth it imo.

Multi_21_Seb_RBR t1_iyuinh3 wrote

Redditers who never went out or did gatherings even before pre-COVID.

Cameron_james t1_iyvgmw9 wrote

I enjoyed not needing excuses the last few holdiays...and I'm aware I'm in the minority at wanting to spend them alone in peace and quiet, so I won't root for more Covid.

I have plenty of excuses I can...oh, I gotta go. Just got a text. Work needs me to come in on a Sunday because we've been hacked. This is gonna take all day. Damn.

antzcrashing t1_iywwioy wrote

Yes, lots of people were afraid to go to church around Christmas last year. The services had empty seats which they are normally packed

−1