Submitted by bogodee t3_10oalcz in boston

Macys at DT crossing is always ransacked.. same as every other macys I’ve been to pretty much in the north and south shore. Marshall’s is like a 20% chance of scoring something. Nordstrom rack has been a miss too. Where can I get a nice dress for around 100-250?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

boat_against_current t1_j6diju7 wrote

Frugal Fannie's in Westwood has an excellent selection for that price point.

bogodee OP t1_j6dlgk7 wrote

I just checked out the website. Omg I don’t know how I haven’t heard of this place before

LilibetSeven t1_j6e6upn wrote

I feel like they have commercials where on Tuesdays everything is 1/2 off? Maybe I dreamed that.

BridgeBabe t1_j6ftk1j wrote

Used to be that way then it was closed Tuesday’s to restock and now it just normal Tuesdays. Absolutely recommend as they have a great selection and a good size selection too from petite to plus.

CasualSaturdays t1_j6dff9a wrote

I found one recently at banana republic by faneuil hall. They didn’t have a ton of variety, but they had one that was perfect for the black tie event I needed it for.

bogodee OP t1_j6dl1k4 wrote

Was it the gold with the corset? I found it on sale for $78 but my boobs were spilling out lol

CasualSaturdays t1_j6dmiip wrote

No it was green velvet, “Rita velvet maxi dress” it has kind of a cowl neck which imo helps with bust issues

Vamoose87 t1_j6eiwut wrote

Macy's used to have some options that are in that price range. The other option is azazie.com, they will send you dresses to try on, most are under $150. It costs $10 each but there are a lot of reasonable choices

dogmom603 t1_j6f8nlr wrote

Nordstrom online and Nordstrom Rack online are both much better than the brick and mortar stores.

sk421 t1_j6ewbj3 wrote

I think they're close to your price range - try Reformation on Newbury street. You can order online too.

cotecoyotegrrrl t1_j6fch8j wrote

I have thifted more awesome formal wear at Good Will (the one on Melina Cass is the best) and Savers for well under $100 + Dry cleaning. Also, Nordstrom Rack, Sacks Off 5th, Frugal Fanny, and Burlington Coat Factory, Macy's sale rack are good options.

Old-Cockroach1921 t1_j6h6pxi wrote

I rent from nuuly! $88/mo and you can order 6 gowns and chose from them, then send them back. You can cancel or freeze at any time it’s the best. Pm me if you want a referral discount

rels83 t1_j6i0to0 wrote

At the higher end of you budget I suggest making a personal shopping appointment at Bloomingdale’s. It’s free and there’s no obligation. I did it when I had a wedding with some odd requirements a few years ago. They ended up helping me get a dress that retailed for $300, but informed me of a sale and convinced me to sign up for a credit card, which brought it down to $180. I paid the credit card off immediately and never used it again. It’s now my go to wedding dress.

MissBarkii t1_j6ibh7w wrote

Lady Black Tie in Hudson! Check out their site to see what they have

littlebutcute t1_j6k2d7s wrote

I’m in a similar boat, but I need one for the summer. Does anyone know when stores start showing their summer collection? I would also need a seamstress since I’m short and need it hemmed.

seasoned-veteran t1_j6e1x6n wrote

Any dress is a floor length dress if you're short enough

−1

kevalry t1_j6kzvno wrote

Floor would mean wide enough right?