Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Gribblestix t1_j6mmxek wrote

The outdated Boston stereotypes with the accent are a snore.

[deleted] t1_j6n4ute wrote

[deleted]

Haptiix t1_j6nxr53 wrote

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this Ad is probably designed to entertain/amuse people from the 49 other states & from a financial perspective they probably have zero reason to care how people from Boston respond to it.

Mr_Einslincoln t1_j6p7e7s wrote

Not sure that’s the case given my entire office in Charlestown was abuzz today with conversations of this commercial. Doubtful everyone is a fan, but also not everyone finds the campaign to be a stereotype.

Haptiix t1_j6pd2nj wrote

Your office sounds incredibly boring

−2

Mr_Einslincoln t1_j6pdccw wrote

I’m sure your offices look absolutely identical to the Google campus.

mr_snipeypants t1_j6n8g2m wrote

And make sure someone says "Beantown" which is something everyone in Boston says.

AutoModerator t1_j6n8g3n wrote

Excuse me there tourist, you must not be familiar with the port city of Boston. Nobody here says Beantown. Please enjoy this documentary about our diverse aquatic life.

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

mr_snipeypants t1_j6nanss wrote

bad bot

AutoModerator t1_j6nante wrote

what did you say to me? Say it again you filthy transplant. Yeah i know your type. You probably have Connecticut plates and a Yankees sticker on your car. You brag about how close you live to Fenway Park, but then complain in the sub about how loud the concerts are. How about you and me meet in the parking lot of the 7-11 in Revere and settle this?

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

hce692 t1_j6nl54d wrote

Even worse — Creatives at Goodby. They’re a San Francisco team

hce692 t1_j6nkla4 wrote

They moved their ad account to the agency Goodby which is in California. It’s bizarre to me that they insist on having SFers try and keep this campaign going. The whole Boston beer co is notorious for being a horrible, abusive client and Jim Koch is a nut job though so I don’t think there was an agency left in Boston willing to touch it