Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j6txnjx wrote

Reply to comment by marionristov111 in The Gaze! by OgnjenPavkovicArt

Heh yeah, ive left on purpose just pure intense darkness there for people to interpret it as they wish :D

Zalapadopa t1_j6u7k7a wrote

On one hand: What you can't see is always scarier than what you can.

On other hand: No cool monster.

SkollFenrirson t1_j6vglkd wrote

The coolest monsters are the ones your mind conjures up

8day t1_j6vyryv wrote

It's like when journey is better than destination.

HaikuBotStalksMe t1_j6vp6u1 wrote

There isn't a silhouette of a dude?

SpookyScarySteph t1_j6vr603 wrote

I see the silhouette of like a pillow demon or something but it is too cute to find scary lol

ConkreetMonkey t1_j713na8 wrote

I came here to say, my thinking something was there made my brain start finding shapes in the hatching, and I thought there was a hidden silhouette I could just barely make out a rough, lumpy outline of. Really interesting effect.

inkiwitch t1_j6zdayu wrote

Dude, you illustrated the darkness PERFECTLY.

My brain is searching for a face so hard that I start to hallucinate one just a bit. The longer I stare, the more I see the tiny glowing eyes of a massive evil teddy bear in the closet

Newfaceofrev t1_j6wpl86 wrote

It has just enough noise to think there's, maybe, something? There.

nlikelyReaction t1_j6xg28w wrote

I like how one could say oh there's nothing there but yet the cat is in a pre defensive stance indicating SOMETHING IS THERE so you can't brush it off entirely. Animals never lie when it comes to that type of stuff. Awesome ass work OP!

UDPviper t1_j8e7j3m wrote

I love your art style. It reminds me of people like Edward Gorey. If you wouldn't mind, would you check out the art in Maze by Christopher Manson? It looks a lot like yours and evokes a sense of discomfort and dread that is just fascinating. I'm always amazed at art that can get people to feel things like that.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j8h4na1 wrote

>Christopher Manson

Hey thank you so much for such an amazing feedback!! Im really glad it left such an positive effect on you :)
Also thanks for recommending that artist, ive just checked him out, and his stuff is really powerful..