Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

marionristov111 t1_j6tqpqr wrote

what I hate (love) about this is that there isn't a very faded spooky face in the darkness

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j6txnjx wrote

Heh yeah, ive left on purpose just pure intense darkness there for people to interpret it as they wish :D

Zalapadopa t1_j6u7k7a wrote

On one hand: What you can't see is always scarier than what you can.

On other hand: No cool monster.

SkollFenrirson t1_j6vglkd wrote

The coolest monsters are the ones your mind conjures up

8day t1_j6vyryv wrote

It's like when journey is better than destination.

HaikuBotStalksMe t1_j6vp6u1 wrote

There isn't a silhouette of a dude?

SpookyScarySteph t1_j6vr603 wrote

I see the silhouette of like a pillow demon or something but it is too cute to find scary lol

ConkreetMonkey t1_j713na8 wrote

I came here to say, my thinking something was there made my brain start finding shapes in the hatching, and I thought there was a hidden silhouette I could just barely make out a rough, lumpy outline of. Really interesting effect.

inkiwitch t1_j6zdayu wrote

Dude, you illustrated the darkness PERFECTLY.

My brain is searching for a face so hard that I start to hallucinate one just a bit. The longer I stare, the more I see the tiny glowing eyes of a massive evil teddy bear in the closet

Newfaceofrev t1_j6wpl86 wrote

It has just enough noise to think there's, maybe, something? There.

nlikelyReaction t1_j6xg28w wrote

I like how one could say oh there's nothing there but yet the cat is in a pre defensive stance indicating SOMETHING IS THERE so you can't brush it off entirely. Animals never lie when it comes to that type of stuff. Awesome ass work OP!

UDPviper t1_j8e7j3m wrote

I love your art style. It reminds me of people like Edward Gorey. If you wouldn't mind, would you check out the art in Maze by Christopher Manson? It looks a lot like yours and evokes a sense of discomfort and dread that is just fascinating. I'm always amazed at art that can get people to feel things like that.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j8h4na1 wrote

>Christopher Manson

Hey thank you so much for such an amazing feedback!! Im really glad it left such an positive effect on you :)
Also thanks for recommending that artist, ive just checked him out, and his stuff is really powerful..

HaloOfTheSun t1_j6swehs wrote

Absolutely tremendous art. I love the skewed perspective!

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j6swv4u wrote

Woahhhh thanks mate! It was really nice to play with twisted perspective, it adds this weird energy to the drawing

BIG_KEITH69 t1_j6tiwr5 wrote

Lil bro must be tripping ain't no one watching his ass

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j6sh5jq wrote

The Gaze!

RUN KIDDO RUUUUUUN

Another horror illustration inspired by stuff I've been reading and researching lately and some subjective experience from childhood hahhhhhh, good ol times

Also, tried to play bit more with broken/twisted perspective and will for sure try to push it even more in some of future works :D

Done traditionally with graphite on paper! For more art you can find me at https://www.instagram.com/ogipavkovicart/

jdbrizzi91 t1_j6x71cc wrote

This picture reminded me of when I was a child. I had reoccurring nightmares of a woman in all black, floating down my hallway. Idk if I was experiencing sleep paralysis or what, but I felt awake and frozen in bed.

After several months of this happening, I had a dream that I went to her hut (I think she was a witch?) and destroyed a glass ball in the center of the room. I never saw her floating down my hallway after that. The mind is weird. Anyway, great picture! Definitely going to check out your Instagram!

cmmosher t1_j6sy1yv wrote

Are the bedsheets supposed to have a skull face in the polka dots and fringe.

silentwhim t1_j6u5el7 wrote

I like this. The darkness in the doorway is doing that thing that real darkness does, where it shifts and jumps and almost takes the form of a scary thing, but neeeever quite does it.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j6vp6ge wrote

Yeah, its always just there on the edge, as if its going to catch you and prepares for it, but never does. Just torments you with that

rudeawakening01 t1_j6vzxan wrote

We can't see it, but the cat can. A cat doesn't go to that pose for no reason.

aphibacus192000 t1_j6vik72 wrote

Is this Skinamarink fan art?

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j6vmpnd wrote

Nahhhh, never watched that movie (heard of it yesterday by another guy who commented on this post xD)

crazysouthie t1_j6umkuv wrote

This is sooooo good! Particularly the dark has so much texture. This is the kind of image I would love to frame.

LineChef t1_j6vajtq wrote

That little boy has the side profile of a 37 year old programmer.

CxFusion3mp t1_j6vkl2q wrote

I made like 4 different monster faces to random patterns in the darkness within seconds. I love this and what it did to my mind.

HonorableAssassins t1_j6vl65g wrote

Only constructive criticism i can offer is if the cat is scared it should be standing sideways to present a larger form to the doorway - as it stands, (pun) thats more of a scared dog's posture so it stood out instantly as off to me. But, maybe thats the point- cat is so ungodly scared it didnt even bother turning sideface.

Otherwise, its fucking sick dude, amazing detail, love the skewed perspective.

OgnjenPavkovicArt OP t1_j6vmi6d wrote

Ahhhhh thanks for the feedback mate and im really glad you like it! <3

A-Chris t1_j6w0xjr wrote

Love love love the cat!

Westenin t1_j6w4478 wrote

I got Stephen King vibes

Friendly-Scarecrow t1_j6wqp6t wrote

Anyone else see a spooky gingerbread man chained to a wall in the darkness?

JakeMac96 t1_j6x4luw wrote

i swear cats can see things that we can’t, mine is always staring at the ceiling.

ToastedNPosted t1_j70dy6d wrote

I see the silhouette of a bear/monkey/mouse. I must be trippin