Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

datjeeling t1_j697no3 wrote

That‘s it, Morty, I‘m dead, Morty. Yes, I did all these awful things and now the show‘s, buurp, dead, Morty.

pwndabeer t1_j69furb wrote

I TURNED MYSELF INTO A DEAD FAIRY, MORTY! I'M DEAD FAIRY RIIIIIIIICK!

ClawClawLutz t1_j69bt5z wrote

I'm in the process of making a mummy fairy myself, after your post inspired me! I found out that if you stick the butt of the skeleton into hot water for a little bit, it will soften the glue and you can pull out the pin in the tailbone with some pliers!

BooneThorn OP t1_j69cvaw wrote

Oh awesome! I've been trying to get those out, but I've just made sure to hide them once I mount them. I'll try heating it up though!

Personal_Beginning39 t1_j6af5wr wrote

How did you make this??? I need to make some for gifts. What is it made of???

BooneThorn OP t1_j6aiycu wrote

I glue pantyhose onto a plastic skeleton as skin, then painting. I have also started using model magic for the facial features and ears.

This specific one has a paper mache style body instead of pantyhose. I can't decide if I like it better or not.

Ghostmuffin t1_j6azpf4 wrote

Is love to see some step by steps, I think this process is great.

I have done some abstract pieces with wire and pantyhose. It's a great technique or tool

BooneThorn OP t1_j6b8xzz wrote

I have some in progress pics on my Instagram, but I'll try to do a post showing step by step!

heidithefundislayer t1_j6cefoo wrote

I do believe you have decided for what I'll be doing with the next few weeks of my life, I have a bunch of dog,cat, and bird skeletons I got at the dollar store and I'm going to be seen what I can come up with, thanks so much for sharing your hobby

nyxnars t1_j6aee9q wrote

This is why I stay on Reddit: it's an obvious solution but not everyone would come to that conclusion so you offered advice that OP might not even know that they needed!

BooneThorn OP t1_j6aj7kl wrote

I was able to use a hair drier to heat the butt up enough to get the post out! Thank you for the tip!

ClawClawLutz t1_j6am1so wrote

Yay! This type of plastic is super easy to heat up and bend (curling the spine or neck, for example) BUT it will return to its original shape if you heat it up again. :)

BooneThorn OP t1_j6ang1f wrote

I've heated the arms to help with poses, but hadn't done the spine yet! You're full of great tips!

ClawClawLutz t1_j6aobsx wrote

I forgot to say!!! You did a BEAUTIFUL job! Especially with the facial features. The ears look so real, I didn't try for a nose or eyelids on mine XD

BooneThorn OP t1_j6aq6t4 wrote

Thank you! I didn't do ears, eyes or nose on my first one. Then the next round I used toilette paper and super glue for the facial features, but now I'm using model magic.

Id love to see yours!

ClawClawLutz t1_j6ar15e wrote

I'm making mine for my sister as well, who is visiting in April. I'm taking it slow and working on it bit by bit, but I'll definitely show it when it's done!

Thanks again for the inspiration, I know she'll love it. And it's so cool you're able to make a business out of it now! :D

buuismyspiritanimal t1_j6c0c0l wrote

gif

Edit: Further down I gathered that these are plastic skeletons and not some already articulated thing being repurposed. It should have been obvious, but I am very tired.

FreudoBaggage t1_j69bb13 wrote

This is very interesting. Would love to see your process and materials.

BooneThorn OP t1_j69d48o wrote

Thanks! I use a plastic skeleton then glue panty hose for the skin. You can see more in progress pics on my Instagram if you're interested. It @ CollectedCryptids

Orbitrek t1_j6cakys wrote

Also, would love to see one of your least favorite mummified fairies.

lowlife9 t1_j69iwbk wrote

Is that beef jerky, if not can you make me one out of beef jerky ?

BooneThorn OP t1_j69j7dh wrote

I was going to eat that mummy!

graigsm t1_j6ait1i wrote

The British royals of the Middle Ages ate Egyptian mummies. To my horror I learned that a few days ago. Lol

Raiigunn t1_j69lv1d wrote

Return the slab

existentialfeline t1_j6bcwv7 wrote

I don't watch Rick and Morty, but its ubiquitous enough that I'm familiar with it, so like I see how they got there

BUUUUT My brain also went to courage first though lol

TiogaJoe t1_j69lazx wrote

Should get an elf-on-the-shelf one for the kids to find in summer.

BooneThorn OP t1_j69m8wo wrote

Or maybe this is what happens if they touch the elf lol

Mr_Paper t1_j69ck8z wrote

One of? You mean to tell me there's more of these nightmares put there?

Exsomnis42 t1_j6aj2is wrote

So many things wrong with that sentence:

1. mummified fairies - wtf

2. One of - there are more?

3. my favourite - you've seen enough to determine favourites

4. so far... - you expect and presumably want to see more

​

Dx

BooneThorn OP t1_j6ajd12 wrote

I've had 8 and I just sold 6

Exsomnis42 t1_j6al7xv wrote

The sentence got worse, now there's a business model O.O

Props for the entrepreneurship though xD

gif

Neuro_88 t1_j69dldy wrote

Do you have a source of reference about the image such as research, where it was found, etc.?

LightningSpearwoman t1_j69hcvq wrote

Ahh!! Every one looks better than the last one!!

I have been looking skeletons for making my own, however the only ones here are chibi ones, i need to find a good STL and make my own ~

Keep being awesome!!

Lastmage22 t1_j69qrs7 wrote

I'd probably get gross intrusive thoughts of chewing its leg while in its presence..Probably.

gimalg t1_j69yiuv wrote

Did the metal post in his butt kill him?

Eleventy-Twelve t1_j6as2rs wrote

He turned himself into a fairy. Funniest shit I've ever seen.

Kartiwashere69 t1_j6a0s9u wrote

Didn't someone make this for their oartner's birthday or something?

I feel like I've seen this before...

BooneThorn OP t1_j6adgrr wrote

I made a different one for my sister's Christmas present... So that might be what you're remembering

Annajbanana t1_j6a18go wrote

So clever. What is the next evolution? Flower fairies? Perhaps you could just dried flowers.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6adlmn wrote

I want to do other types of fairies! Maybe I'll try flower fairies next!

Layziebum t1_j6aej46 wrote

Rick is thst you?

AntisocialN2 t1_j6aiwki wrote

Seem last Rick and Morty adventure didn't go well

AndyBlax t1_j6akf96 wrote

Pretty cool! Never thought I’d hear that sentence in my life however 😆

caswa7 t1_j6alanc wrote

Nanny Plum looking a bit worse for wear…

dpdxguy t1_j6aq06u wrote

Ashes to aahes. Fairy dust to fairy dust.

TikkiTakiTomtom t1_j6ar2iy wrote

“I’d look like that too if I had a nail up my ass”

— my grandpa

Dana07620 t1_j6ar56l wrote

Did your sister enjoy the squashed fairy book for her birthday?

BooneThorn OP t1_j6asihi wrote

We actually didn't end up getting it for her yet. I want to find it somewhere local, but I might have to try eBay.

Dana07620 t1_j6auokz wrote

Odds of finding a specific used book like that are very low.

I always use online sites. ABEbooks is my go-to. And they have it

I love the internet for used books. I remember when I could only look locally. Now I can check the inventory of stores across the country.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6av519 wrote

Oh nice! That's so cheap too! I hadn't used that site before!

vfrschZ t1_j6az11s wrote

Reminds me of "Amon Tobin - Isam*

SureIsQuietInHere t1_j6b5cv2 wrote

WOW!!!! I checked your post history to make sure you were the same artist- I loved the initial one you shared too, of course (in the white frame)- but damn if this one isn’t almost believable!!! Amazing work!!

BooneThorn OP t1_j6b9ckm wrote

Thank you! I keep trying new techniques with each one!

OakLaneCemetery t1_j6b5ijb wrote

I like it! Ive tried one of these before and it didn't come out nearly as good.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6b9eob wrote

They take so much work!

OakLaneCemetery t1_j6eq4zg wrote

The one I did I just used foil to bulk out the areas I wanted like the legs, arms and abdomen, then coated it all in liquid latex, painted it and glued on some wings made from wax paper. It's in a dirty jar so it doesn't look TOO bad, but I could have taken my time and done a lot better.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6ex9f8 wrote

It's awesome that you did it though! Sounds pretty cool

OakLaneCemetery t1_j6f0cpz wrote

And 99.999999999% of the people who come to see our Halloween display never notice it! lol I might redo it and make it into a fairy corpse that is nailed to the side of our witch hut instead of being in one of her jars. At least then it might be seen.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6f56l1 wrote

Noo! You want people to notice that stuff lol.

taosaur t1_j6b5z5i wrote

It's nice that you're documenting them. I just sweep them off the porch, if I can get them away from my cats.

ideolotry t1_j6bakbo wrote

<<

>>

so we just not supposed to say anything about the lil fairy butt plug?

EggHeadMagic t1_j6bck89 wrote

Hey OP, I saw one of your fairy projects maybe two months ago and I went ahead and ordered some skeletons off AliExpress. I’d really like to see a video of how you get to this point and the techniques used.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6bd02u wrote

I've posted some in progress pictures on my Instagram, but I'm wanting to show more of the process. I'll consider making a video!

EggHeadMagic t1_j6bdezf wrote

Ah. Unfortunately I don’t use Instagram but I’ll keep an eye out for a video. I really like these little fairies. It’ll be great to make some for my nieces who already think I’m weird. Doubling down.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6btxar wrote

If I make the video I'll post it on YouTube and share it with you!

NewDad907 t1_j6bg6m7 wrote

Leaves for wings and polyester stuffing for hair. Nice.

upmed2006 t1_j6bmwst wrote

It's Eustace, Courage.

DAG1984 t1_j6bnjah wrote

Looks like it.... had some fun before it died.

avantgardeaclue t1_j6boud5 wrote

He turned himself into a mummified fairy, funniest shit I’ve ever seen

WyldStalynz t1_j6bucie wrote

This fairy is silently screaming…Owwww….I banged my knee! You can’t I see once you’ve seen it.

culade t1_j6bxowm wrote

Looks great. Now go throw that in some kids back yard and scar them for life.

OpFo12 t1_j6bz19w wrote

What’s the deal with the buttplug?

BooneThorn OP t1_j6bzbi7 wrote

Fairies like to have a good time... But it is just part of the skeleton so it can attach to it's stand. It's hard to remove so I just hadn't removed it yet.

OpFo12 t1_j6c2h2l wrote

Pffft, that’s what they all say.

Used-Cheesecake5891 t1_j6bzruc wrote

That is so me when I wake up at 3 am dehydrated as fuck lmao

machwulf t1_j6crshz wrote

Like Mike Mignola art come to life in three-dimensions, nice!

VegPan t1_j6d8glk wrote

Lady Cottington's vibe. Makes me think of that every time I see you post.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6dij9p wrote

Yes! I need to get that book, it looks so cool

pancake_sass t1_j6d9vfj wrote

And you're not worried about what the fae think of this?

[deleted] t1_j6dul70 wrote

Now I will wake up when the tooth Fairy comes and strangle her and take the money I owned

contraries t1_j6e1383 wrote

Looks like one of the tooth fairies from Hellboy 2

Hanshee t1_j6jpylg wrote

As a kid I used to live in some deep hills and would go to a nearby creek maybe half a mile off a beaten path into this very beautiful spot that had sun beams coming through the trees into the stream.

This was late 90’s so at a young age there wasn’t much to do other than looking for newts, tadpoles, frogs etc. it was a cool place to explore.

I may of been 7 or 8 and still to this day am unsure what I saw but at the time I thought I saw a fairy come out of the opening of a partially hollow tree next to the creek.

Logistically it was probably some type of moth if I had to guess now since it was (25+ years ago) and I’ve seen some incredibly strangle looking moths now. At the time my kid self was adamant it was a fairy since my mom and my grandmother both had stories about being visited by fairies as children.

Seeing this post made me think how funny it would be to throw a realistic Mummified fairy into that hollow of the wood as a joke for when I have kids someday to explore the same spot by my parents house and see if a fairy would visit them.

graigsm t1_j6a1a85 wrote

Ok. I am really into these. Also. You need to get some of the iridescent blue watercolor from Daniel smith for these. Im betting it would probably stick to these really well.

BooneThorn OP t1_j6adtta wrote

Thanks!

I'm intrigued by this water color idea. Could you explain more?

graigsm t1_j6ae4xl wrote

I saw the purple color and thought it was paint at first. And then I thought it was just a purple light. And then I remembered some watercolor paints I had a sample of and thought that would be cool to paint on the wings.

Ottos1 t1_j6a4to3 wrote

Wtf is that?

Capitalmind t1_j6cfon5 wrote

This one's teriyaki flavor

HelloKinny t1_j6cialx wrote

I’m mummified fairy Rick!

J01OHN t1_j6cildu wrote

Is that Rick?

Deshik2 t1_j6cmurv wrote

Fairy Rick!

PinkOak t1_j6d9046 wrote

You mean fake ass model