Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7gowrw wrote

Since I breast feed I do all the nighttime feeding for baby and my husband sleeps in the guest room. That works well for us but you’ll have to come up with your own system.

I’ve heard that the Snoo works wonders but it’s $$$

Also, everything changes all the time. The first 2 weeks it seemed like baby wasn’t sleeping at all at night. Then 2 weeks until 4 months she would wake about 3 times a night to eat (but very quickly since I’m right there to help her). Then babies typically hit a sleep regression at 4 months because their sleep cycles change. She’s been waking close to every other hour but it seems to be extending back to longer as long as she’s not sick (she picks up minor colds every other week from day care).

I also hear that bigger babies sleep better! She was born 2 weeks late and weighed about 9 lbs, so that may be why she did so well from the start.

Also, she didn’t move to a 6pm bedtime till about 2.5 months. Newborns don’t go to sleep until 8-11pm usually. I’ve just always followed her lead. She went from a 930pm bedtime to 6pm over night. I thought it was going to be a slow progression to that