Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PickleJesus123 t1_j7ce1w0 wrote

I mistakenly read this from left to right and was like HOLY 24 hours of eating??

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7cqir8 wrote

When she was like 2 weeks old that might actually be accurate

Full_Temperature_920 t1_j7cchun wrote

Your baby sleeps from 6pm to 4am? Damn. I don't know much about parenting but in movies and TV shows they always show new parents haggard and sleep deprived cuz the baby never sleeps through the night. Or does that occur at a later stage of development?

I wonder what babies dream of at that age.

Also why are the weekends not included

Trifusi0n t1_j7dbywb wrote

To me this baby looks like a really good sleeper. My second child didn’t sleep more than 4 hours in a row for 15 months.

opportunptr t1_j7ds4p1 wrote

Yeah man looking at the graph I’m pretty jealous, neither of my kids knew how to sleep alone and through the night until they were 18 months old. I’ve aged 15 years in a 5 years span.

dizziereal t1_j7cnvm3 wrote

6pm - 4am doesn’t mean the parents are sleeping. Our 4 month old normally does a similar schedule but think about all the other household chores. Those still have to get done and good luck getting much production while the little one is awake.

Additionally, I’m sure not all parents are the same but any sleep we get is about a 2 on the 1-10 quality scale.

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7cokii wrote

Yeah she wakes up to eat around 930 and then about every 2 hrs after that. I bring her into bed with me from 930 onwards and basically just feed her “In my sleep”. She’s basically sleeping while eating as well. She wakes up to poop every morning around 5am, plays for 15 min or so, then we can usually sleep until 7am, sometimes 8

jsalas2727 t1_j7dmmtq wrote

My daughter is a little over 2 months old. There's nights we're I don't really sleep. Best case she sleeps for like 3 hours but thats maybe half the time.

28Mana t1_j7eslv1 wrote

My baby is almost 10 weeks. She used to wake up once between 10pm and 6am, but the past two weeks she woke up 3 times a night, which really fucked me up. Apparently she needed way more awake time during the day. I started a sleep schedule (which I loosely follow, my baby needs more sleep than described) and it worked wonders. She slept from 10pm to 12, and then from 1 to 6 for the past 3 nights. I feel reborn!

06:00-08:00 awake, feed, play 08:00-09:00 am sleep 09:00-10:30 awake, feed, play 10:30-13:00 sleep 13:00-15:00 awake, feed, play 15:00-16:00 sleep 16:00-18:00 awake, feed, play. Try to feed twice so she's full for the night 18:00-21:00 sleep 21:00-22:00 awake, feed, play 22:00-06:00 sleep

She usually sleeps half an hour before bedtime, which is fine. She also awakes one time at night. The sleepy time between 6 and 9 pm feel like a blessing; you can eat and spend time with your partner, do chores or just chill. Good luck!

ellieayla t1_j7clhj6 wrote

I would like to adopt your baby's schedule.

Karnezar t1_j7cha5g wrote

Why was junior's breakfast delayed on Wednesday? 😠

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7coqz5 wrote

Haha she probably ate a couple times before that, that was just the only one I had tracked on the daycare app

paxcoder t1_j7ckkur wrote

CUTE. I should probably adopt a similar schedule: Go to bed early, wake up early, breakfast at 8 AM, lunch around noon, dinner no later than 6 PM

Vega62a t1_j7dlil8 wrote

Honestly, 6pm to 7am with only a couple interruptions is fantastic for babies.

Totally get not being able to sleep well through it though. My son was an okay sleeper but I literally do not remember like the first 3 months of his life, I could not sleep soundly.

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7dpu63 wrote

I consider her to be a pretty good sleeper! It was rough going back to work at first not getting chances to nap during the day, but I feel pretty fresh most of the time once I implemented an earlier bed time for myself!

BigMrTea t1_j7cuqt3 wrote

Damn dude that's enviable

HaveYouMetThisDude t1_j7diemg wrote

What did he do on the weekend, hangout with some friends or go on a trip? I didn't see you mentioned it here.

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7doavi wrote

I just don’t track it on the weekends. I have it tracked on weekdays because the daycare tracks it

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7brfbl wrote

Source: myself and daycare tracking baby’s eat and sleep times Tool: Google sheets

Jim3001 t1_j7dyayo wrote

Somehow I completely missed the word "Baby" in the title and was confused for a minute.

Lucky_Cellist_968 t1_j7f7jb8 wrote

There’s an app for this. It’s called Huckleberry and it’s amazing. Source: I tracked my baby’s sleep with it.

antilimit t1_j7gaykw wrote

Second this and was coming to see if anyone would mention it. Give props to a parent doing this on a spreadsheet with the already lack of time.. huckleberry app made it really easy.

Straw122 t1_j7dugnm wrote

Beautiful scatterplot. Are you in ABA by chance?

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7dv7ps wrote

Nope! Just a spreadsheet nerd!

Freewheelinthinkin t1_j7eqx53 wrote

(*musically) You can graph - you can gra—-aa—ff- having the time of your li-I-if!

nice chart. Love these kinds of visualizations!

weirdcabbage t1_j7e55sb wrote

Finally, someone plotted the whole thing. Awesome.

NetITGeeks t1_j7e6l6y wrote

Do the white boxes represent time spend on pooping?

doyouevencompile t1_j7e9abp wrote

why your baby has a better sleep schedule than I?

iamthemosin t1_j7elz14 wrote

Cool. I heard babies wake up and cry every 2 hours. Is that not true?

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7gpde6 wrote

That’s mostly true. She does 3 hr intervals the first half of the night and 2 hr intervals the 2nd half. Since I sleep with her she just makes an “uh uh uh” sound at me to communicate that she wants to eat.

TNBwonder t1_j7ep4a8 wrote

TREND THEORY it’s an amazing idea

Viscount_Vagina04 t1_j7ev08j wrote

Any parents here have any sound advice on how to get your baby to sleep more consistnetly?

I'm planning on being a father in the near future and while I accept my sleep schedule will be wild I want to do the best I can to ensure I'm not going to be a walking zobie at work during the early stages of the kids life.

Data-Queen-3 OP t1_j7gowrw wrote

Since I breast feed I do all the nighttime feeding for baby and my husband sleeps in the guest room. That works well for us but you’ll have to come up with your own system.

I’ve heard that the Snoo works wonders but it’s $$$

Also, everything changes all the time. The first 2 weeks it seemed like baby wasn’t sleeping at all at night. Then 2 weeks until 4 months she would wake about 3 times a night to eat (but very quickly since I’m right there to help her). Then babies typically hit a sleep regression at 4 months because their sleep cycles change. She’s been waking close to every other hour but it seems to be extending back to longer as long as she’s not sick (she picks up minor colds every other week from day care).

I also hear that bigger babies sleep better! She was born 2 weeks late and weighed about 9 lbs, so that may be why she did so well from the start.

Also, she didn’t move to a 6pm bedtime till about 2.5 months. Newborns don’t go to sleep until 8-11pm usually. I’ve just always followed her lead. She went from a 930pm bedtime to 6pm over night. I thought it was going to be a slow progression to that

figyeljmar t1_j7fbjps wrote

Today I pood. Hope you find this fact equally interesting to this post.

Maleficent-Potato673 t1_j7ddor6 wrote

If I had to think about something that no one cares to learn about is this.

−8