Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j9uru27 wrote

−7

That_randomdutchguy t1_j9vad3g wrote

Poland is the main humanitarian corridor and way of flight for the 8 million who fled Ukraine, and the majority 9f refugees fled to the EU, not to Russia.

[deleted] t1_j9vka1y wrote

[deleted]

−3

laverabe t1_j9wxt33 wrote

2 million fled to Russia? I find that hard to believe, do you have a source for that?

I think it would be interesting to see visualized data on how many people fled Ukraine/Russia and in what directions.

the_3d6 t1_j9v1uun wrote

8M people left Ukraine. Of those who did it of their own will ~5M went to Europe. It is unknown how many people willingly moved to russia - but there are many known facts of forced deportation there

V_es t1_j9v3pre wrote

Around 2 million went to Russia. As far as I know, the most into one country. 1.2m into Poland.

the_3d6 t1_j9v49br wrote

I agree with that number. But it's really not clear how many did so willingly - and not because they had no option to move in Europe or elsewhere so it was the only safe~ish destination available

Winjin t1_j9w0y8b wrote

You do know a lot of people living in the west of Ukraine identified as Russian?

I see people painting this like a hostage situation, but these people are not kept in camps or something, they have internet and flats.

the_3d6 t1_j9w2xiy wrote

Not in the west, but there are indeed such people in the east. Yet even there a vast majority condemned russian actions. Clearly forced deportation didn't happen often - but people on occupied territories are given a choice of going through many filtration checkpoints in order to get to free Ukraine (with very real chances to be detained for as much as pro-Ukrainian telegram.channel found in their phone), or unrestricted, no questions asked passage to russia

Winjin t1_j9xhb7e wrote

Right, sorry, the East, the currently occupied parts basically.

Mistercanadianface t1_j9y4bdi wrote

In Quebec some people feel closer ties to France than Canada - does this mean France should invade?