Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Michaelbirks t1_j8trv6w wrote

Two thoughts:

1. A breakdown of "Liquor" would be nice. I guess that that's like, Scotch, Gin, Sambucca, etc.

2. I read that as "Hand Sanitizer" and thought, wow, there's brand preference?

neilarmstonk t1_j8uikug wrote

Adding percentages or some number is value to each node would be insightful. Just from the visuals, all I can tell is people drink the most beer but alcohol not far behind.

Poke-Party t1_j8w22m4 wrote

Wtf there’s no way that craft beers don’t show up anywhere on this list?

CDawgbmmrgr2 t1_j8xyl7p wrote

Well the beer ‘block’ is bigger than the trails that lead off. Implying there’s less popular beer that they just didn’t list

Premise_Data OP t1_j8y2jtq wrote

This is correct. There was an "other" category for beer including many craft brands, but its inclusion makes the chart a bit too messy.

Poke-Party t1_j8y2oj9 wrote

It makes sense that any one craft beer would not be a large percentage but as a block grouped together I think a “craft beer” category would be a sizeable number.

campbellm t1_j917g7h wrote

There's also the snarky response of what they classify as 'beer'.

browncactusAK t1_j8u4lcf wrote

What is the name of this chart? Would love to use this breakup for other purposes

neilarmstonk t1_j8ui7nn wrote

Its’s called a sankey diagram. You can make one here. It’s fairly simple to add groups from left to right (or right to left) and can customize it from colors to thickness or lines or data on each nodes.

Able-Calligrapher652 t1_j8uzbvb wrote

I suppose the blank spot on the bottom of beer represents “Other”?

Premise_Data OP t1_j8y2yuj wrote

That is correct. Including other craft beers makes the chart a bit too messy.

Premise_Data OP t1_j8tpm7o wrote

• Contributors were asked whether or not they planned to drink any alcoholic beverages during the Super Bowl.
  • Those who did have plans to drink were asked what they would be drinking, and were able to select multiple beverages.
  • Most of those planning to drink indicated they would have beer.
  • Bud light was the most popular choice among beer drinkers.

These data were collected over Feb 10-12 from a total of 1,639 respondents in the U.S. Premise used stratified sampling of its opt-in panel members, along with post-stratification weighting on age, gender, region, and education to construct a representative sample.
Contributors in 135 countries around the world work with Premise to share their opinion and collect field data on a variety of topics using its smart-phone app.
Tool: R (Network D3)
Source: Premise internal survey data

earthlingkevin t1_j8vtv64 wrote

Did not expect white claw to be such a small % of the seltzer market.

Rigo1337 t1_j8y68go wrote

That’s cause they spend so much on marketing

Klin24 t1_j8vv8ra wrote

I drank tejava

Bob-Doll t1_j8y18w2 wrote

I’m amazed how many Americans still drink crap beer.

Neofucius t1_j8y20x9 wrote

Bud Light tastes like shit!

Greetings from The Netherlands <3

HeyJude21 t1_j8ydib3 wrote

Ah yes, a nice Pinot Grigio pairs well with Doritos and pizza rolls

misterspatial t1_j8ufyf4 wrote

When Sam Adams is the only remaining American-owned beer in this entire list.

−1

vtTownie t1_j8wfxww wrote

Ahh yes the Deleware registered, American exchanged Molson Coors is most notably not American.

misterspatial t1_j8wyeyu wrote

Has not been American owned in almost 20 years. Corporate and North American headquarters are in Toronto. Trading on a US exchange doesn't mean anything.

Sorry to mountain piss all over an "American" brand like Coors.

vtTownie t1_j8wzrvl wrote

Molson is Canadian and merged with coors….. not sure how you can claim it’s not American