Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

yaph OP t1_jc6p9s4 wrote

Digits are colored in shades of green based on their values with darker colors corresponding to higher values.

bezserk t1_jc6qpru wrote

Damn my first count was off, but this is on point... Beautiful indeed

Pure-Bluejay-7348 t1_jc6stnp wrote

This must be what the "Macrodata Refinement" Dept works on in Severance.

tessthismess t1_jc6x2gz wrote

I know in the grand scheme of digits of pi it's not that interesting. But that 999999 near the middle is very satisfying, especially since it stands out with this coloring.

MrPrul t1_jc6zcw9 wrote

It’s a stereogram. I can clearly see a pie.

TechyDad t1_jc71gno wrote

I can imagine a guy manually calculating pi in the past coming across that and thinking he's found Pi's repeating end.

"9. 9. 9? Another 9? And another 9?!!! That's it! Pi must just repeat all 9's after this. Yup. There's another 9. That's six 9's in a row. It's a repeating decimal after this for sure so the next digit will be an.. 8? An EIGHT?!!!"

tsitsifly22 t1_jc7asnj wrote

Wait there’s six 9’s in a row right there?

srv50 t1_jc7hqq8 wrote

So you say. I’m too tired to check.

theRedMage39 t1_jc7kzjc wrote

Now I am left wondering what is the average digit value of Pi? I assume every number appears an equal number of times so I am guessing close to 4.5.

bjb13 t1_jc7l72u wrote

Now they’ve got another year to figure out the next one.

onelittleworld t1_jc7lsvu wrote

Has anyone here ever really needed more precision than 3.14159? For real?

vivanlosmuertos t1_jc7srdu wrote

apart from the 999999 row... i see a lot of diagonal lines of 9s too or its just my brain?

Apollo_T_Yorp t1_jc8wk2x wrote

Why do some of the digits look like a dark red when I'm not looking directly at them, it's freaking me out!

Rl3otic t1_jc94wtu wrote

All the smart math people cone in and chime there facts on Pi and im over here like that looks like the matrix.