Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CSGB13 t1_iqurbxa wrote

That’s an insane amount of monthly income 😂

princess_sofia t1_iqurnf3 wrote

LOL I thought this was yearly income and was so confused how they were saving so much

yourangleoryuordevil t1_iqurjql wrote

I had to reread that part twice.

CSGB13 t1_iqurt1y wrote

Like, 360k per year! Even if it’s two people, those are crazy high earners

857477458 t1_iqvih1o wrote

I thought it was 30k yearly and was about to post how the taxes are wrong.

ZimofZord t1_iqvyac1 wrote

What’s insane is almost 50% of your income is taxes

OyvenGlaven t1_iqurqcp wrote

$30k monthly income and $1,625 in rent and utilities? What is happening here?

yourangleoryuordevil t1_iqurx64 wrote

I thought that was unusual, too. Many people I know who make much, much less spend about that much and even more on rent per month.

millennial-money OP t1_iqusi7d wrote

My partner and I split rent for a 2br/2ba in a nice, newish building with lots of amenities and an Amazon Hub locker in the mailroom (we got a great deal during the pandemic and they’ve raised the rent manageable amounts twice since then). So the 1625 is my portion of rent plus utilities.

[deleted] t1_iquthwa wrote

[removed]

-Ernie t1_iquurft wrote

>$60.000 on dental and $5,000 on a hospital bill.

So $360K/year but no health insurance?

millennial-money OP t1_iquuc2z wrote

Hmm, what a strange comment. Congrats on spending more money, I guess? I couldn’t imagine spending $5600/mo just on transportation, but cars are not my thing. And I thought my food expense was high, but yours is making me feel better

How are you saving and investing nothing on 30k a month? Your expenses account for over 95% of your take-home income.

Accurate-Sample5221 t1_iqyb30p wrote

Well that guy is either full of shit or will have nothing if the income dries up.

Cpt-Swami t1_iqurr39 wrote

Gym costs 500 dollars? What the?

neurodiverseotter t1_iquy6mc wrote

Are you really surprised you can pay up to an unlimited amount of money for fitness stuff in SoCal?

dafunkmunk t1_iquukq1 wrote

What gym is costing you almost $600/month? Are you building a gym from scratch?

addola t1_iqus5ql wrote

Gym cost $585/month? In what universe?

magnesiumb t1_iquu6b0 wrote

These numbers were making ZERO sense to me because I thought it was 30k yearly, so my head started to hurt trying to make sense of what was going on.

Read it again and saw it's MONTHLY and my head began to hurt for a whole different reason. 😂 You do 1,000 dollars of traveling a month??

millennial-money OP t1_iquunhz wrote

Everything here is the average of the past 12 months, so I spent about 12k on travel in the past 12 months (which really isn’t bad). My partner and I both love to travel. We usually take 2 1-2 week international trips a year and several shorter (read: cheaper) trips, like camping, visiting a national park, etc. Covid didn’t slow our travels down - we just adjusted where we went based on restrictions and flight availability, and remote work made it easier to get away, in some ways.

magnesiumb t1_iqw4o3g wrote

Lucky, lucky. I don't begrudge you it! Hopefully you can go farther and wider soon.

ShadyM2020 t1_iqv4cek wrote

I think I speak for everyone here when I ask who makes 30k per month and how do they do that and in what field? Like we genuinely wanna know, even if this kind of jobs are out of reach for us

gaston312 t1_iqvchp4 wrote

I know several COUPLES that make that much but for an individual could be tech, business owner, big lawyer, specialized doctor. Lots of options

857477458 t1_iqvj1qt wrote

For a couple in a HCOL area it's nothing special, but for an individual it's pretty special anywhere.

millennial-money OP t1_iqwregi wrote

I work as an attorney in biglaw. I also know many people who make as much or more than me in the legal, medical, tech, or business fields

tico_pico t1_iqwqz1u wrote

I make around that depending on the year. Commodity trading.

toastyhoodie t1_iquv9r9 wrote

I hope you understand the a large proportion of Americans don’t make remotely that much. But nice flex I guess?

Calm_Age_6555 t1_iqusnhr wrote

Wow, only your monthly state income tax is equivalent to my monthly house payment. A 3400sqft mansion in Texas.

millennial-money OP t1_iqusrvx wrote

Yikes…

That’s California for you… I shouldn’t complain though. I am very blessed.

peter303_ t1_iqv0jyt wrote

37% savings rate a good amount, though I doubt crypto is going anywhere.

Must be lucky to have nearly fully subsidized health insurance. That is my largest budget item.

I never see charity in most millennial budget breakdowns. Sad.

MHoggs17 t1_iqx2ksb wrote

1625 rent and utilities? in SoCal? where do you live?

millennial-money OP t1_iqx6k2h wrote

We live in LA. As I mentioned in another comment, my partner and I split the rent and utilities.

MHoggs17 t1_iqxa7do wrote

thanks for replying. sounds like you found a cost effective place to live down there and make real good money.

millennial-money OP t1_iqxovbw wrote

Thanks! Yeah, we are fortunate and have worked hard. We’re both interested in FIRE, so saving a high percentage of our income is important to us

JonVonGuy t1_iqydoz1 wrote

Is everything multiplied by 10?

Everglow12345 t1_iqyhboh wrote

I assume you’re maxing 401k/Roth?