Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

duck_one t1_is6cn28 wrote

They are working to heavily influence democratic elections as well, they want authoritarianism to prevent democracies from fully adopting renewable resources.

Note that the inflation is primarily driven by the primary sector, who are wholly represented by conservatives in the US.

CommanderSe7en t1_is6d5ky wrote

This is happening under a Democrat controlled goverment.

−1

duck_one t1_is6fbfd wrote

Yeah, that's the point...The oil companies are hurting US consumers, driving down the standard of living, damaging the economy and then blaming the current leadership in an effort to sway elections in their favor. They know that the president has very limited options, he cannot force price reductions and the GOP prevented any action through congress. They also know the under-educated, false/low-information voters will eat it up.

857477459 t1_is6uujl wrote

You do understand US oil companies are only a small part of the market? Its dominated be a cartel of national oil companies.

duck_one t1_is6v7o2 wrote

Yeah, I said oil companies, not exclusively US oil companies. Saudi Arabia is very well aware of which political party in the US is pushing for green energy policies.

−1

857477459 t1_is6wqq5 wrote

You're blaming a US political party for the actions of an international cartel of national oil companies. It's straight up political misinformation.

duck_one t1_is6ykcl wrote

No, I am absolutely not. I am saying oil companies are operating solely in their best interest and that interest is to prevent policies that promote green energy (competition) in their largest consumer market.

Bewaretheicespiders t1_is6fnlc wrote

Even if he could force oil price reduction, it would only lead to shortages. There is a lack of refining capacity currently in the US, and more is getting exported to Europe, and the OPEP is ramping down production...

CommanderSe7en t1_is6kss0 wrote

Lmao, what a load of bullshit. Careful your tinfoil hat doesn't fall off. Lol