Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

sonic_tower t1_iuvl8kf wrote

Not dinging the chart (it's nice!), but

1. I still don't know what Salesforce does.

2. That is a sad profit margin, compared to the tech and oil companies that have been on this sub lately.

Slowpre t1_iuvmwmi wrote

I would imagine it’s by design to limit taxes. Growth over profits

Timbershoe t1_iuvpbzq wrote

I would assume that too.

For instance, they also build huge Salesforce skyscrapers around the world and rent out all but a couple of floors to other businesses. That’s a fixed asset that offsets gross profit and gives an enduring income.

lukeworldwalker t1_iuvtsl7 wrote

Salesforce as a SAAS does a lot, let me tell you what my company does with it: every customer data is saved in the database, phone numbers, addresses, key decision makers, technical data.

Every call my sales reps place is done through salesforce, no need to dial numbers, and logged. Every quote we create comes through a SAP plugin in salesforce. Every order a customer places as well. Once the order is placed, we do the tracking of the shipment through a DHL or FedEx plugin in salesforce.

Customer subscriptions also run through SF for our services, renewals as well, customer complaints run through SF to our zen desk.

Basically Salesforce is the “operation system” for our multi billion dollar sales, order, customer services, business development and logistics departments.

tirednervousbroke t1_iuvqbtf wrote

Salesforce is CRM software

FallopianUnibrow t1_iuw7d4w wrote

Crew Resource Management?

lukeworldwalker t1_iuvttd0 wrote

Salesforce as a SAAS does a lot, let me tell you what my company does with it: every customer data is saved in the database, phone numbers, addresses, key decision makers, technical data.

Every call my sales reps place is done through salesforce, no need to dial numbers, and logged. Same with emails relevant spot sales. Every quote we create comes through a SAP plugin in salesforce. Every order a customer places as well. Once the order is placed, we do the tracking of the shipment through a DHL or FedEx plugin in salesforce.

Payment from the customer to our distributor and eventually us is also tracked through SF, but facilitated by a factoring system.

Customer subscriptions also run through SF for our services, renewals as well, customer complaints run through SF to our zen desk.

Need a code to give a customer a free test month? SF. Need some insights into a customer who is with a competitor? SF. Want to see how much commission you made on your sales this month? SF.

Basically Salesforce is the “operation system” for our multi billion dollar sales, order, customer services, business development and logistics departments. To run my 15 people sales department, I basically only need saleforce and slack. Two apps, that’s it.