Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

coris15 t1_ivejnd1 wrote

Ugh. Ive been doing everything I can to boost my resume. I'm still in college right now, and trying to gain certs/relevant knowledge in my field.

I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it.

idontrespectyou345 t1_ivejzdn wrote

Yeah. Sadly you gotta play the game and amp it up with networking (yes I hate that too). Luckily lots of big companies have programs specifically for fast tracking recent grads.

coris15 t1_iveklzz wrote

Problem is that I had hopefully planned to move to Europe after my graduation, since I would be legally allowed to work in any EU country by then.

Its kind of hard to network with companies that are halfway across the world from you.

Former_Star1081 t1_ivep4om wrote

I am from Germany and wrote like 30 applications last year. I got an answer in all cases as far as I remember. We search ppl like crazy in Germany. We got like 2 million open jobs and just 1.3 million ppl searching for a job.

Luckaneer t1_ivf6l10 wrote

It might vary pretty heavily depending on your field and degree, but there is still a pretty solid job market. A ton of people I went to school with applied for less than 5 jobs and received an offer. I got pretty lucky and got an offer after my second application. I personally don't know anyone who had to apply to this many jobs

These were all US firms though, I have no idea about the situation anywhere in the EU