Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Brooksee83 t1_iynyj3d wrote

Interesting data and nice design, but the order of the legend annoys me 😅

chouseva t1_iynu02t wrote

Ideally, post-graduate and post-secondary education would be separate categories. It would help provide more context to education attainment. For example, a big chunk of people in DC have a master's degree.

BullCityPicker t1_iyo0hvh wrote

Holy cow, it’s almost a voting key, too.

lilydlux t1_iyoypv1 wrote

I was going to suggest a red/blue overlay

1whiskeyneat t1_iyppk1h wrote

It’s going to tell you exactly what you think it’s going to tell you.

rdypercset t1_iyo3d8c wrote

It literally IS a voting key (maybe with NM and UT) switched.

meinaustin t1_iynvkvn wrote

Very cool. Presume this reflects people currently living in these states not which states produce people who reach the highest level of education? Because, people move around. For example, everyone currently living in DC wasn’t born, raised, or educated there. But by contrast I’m guessing most people don’t stay in WV.

chouseva t1_iypu0ap wrote

It would be interesting to see a visualization of where people are from and where they were located at Census. It won't show brain drains if at the state level, but could add some nuance. My guess is that it would just make smaller, conservative states look bad though

ar243 t1_iyousto wrote

Mississippi isn't last!!

westwoodranger t1_iyoc0gg wrote

I would like to see this crossed with Red vs Blue States.

goosebattle t1_iyoge0a wrote

This also needs labels on the right side. And it's interesting how TX, CA, & NY have so many high school dropouts relative to the in-graph neighbouring states.

Norwester77 t1_iyouwzt wrote

These data would be more beautiful (especially for folks with color vision deficits, like me) if the categories in the legend were in the same order as the bar segments in the chart.

CatchmanJ t1_iyp24it wrote

I’d like to see it ordered in reverse

Ok-Today-8157 t1_iypmc8q wrote

It's interesting to see a large "less than high school" group and a large "Bachelor Degree or higher group (like California and Texas). Wonder what is going on there.

rfresa t1_iyrpe31 wrote

I would arrange the order of the colors by education level, lowest to highest or highest to lowest, and add a category for post-graduate degrees. Also have the order in the key be the same as the graph.