Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MrMelodica OP t1_iz149on wrote

Yeah, Kafka's one of the greats. Sometime during the summer, I decided to read The Castle. Then I thought that I should (re-)read all of his fiction. I'll probably need to re-read The Castle at some point though...

Happy that my visualization inspired you. I'd like to see what you can come up with!

kimjobil05 t1_iz1ba32 wrote

Ive only read the trial and the metamorphosis. Adding the castle to my 2023 list immediately!

He's such a thought provoking writer.

I'm going to post my visualization here too. Did you put all the charts on one page and then screen grab it?

MrMelodica OP t1_iz1xis9 wrote

All three of his novels are great. I laughed out loud several times while reading Amerika, because the humor, while strange, is very sharp.

I followed a simple process for making the vizualization. I had all the information about the books that I read on one Excel sheet. This was: book name, author, publishing year, publisher, language, number of pages. I would update this sheet regularly as the year passed. Then, I had one sheet where all the data was aggregated. Finally, on a third sheet, I built all the graphs and summaries mostly based on the aggregated data. I then just took a screenshot of that sheet.