Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Milamber69reddit t1_izb711r wrote

I looked up the price of swans and the numbers that I got are way more than that. As it is swans a swimming. That means that they are hatched and not eggs. The least expensive that I could find was the white mute at $3,083 each with free shipping. That comes to $129,486. The ones I would rather have are the Australian Black Swans. Those come in at $6,500 each with a grand total of $273,000. Trumpeter Swans and Whooper Swans are even more.

ItsHowWellYouMowFast t1_izb7dre wrote

Bet you didn't wake up this morning thinking you would know the price of a swan today

TrueBirch OP t1_izb9fp0 wrote

PNC cites "a national bird supplier" as its source without giving additional detail.

Macrophage87 t1_izbevc3 wrote

But how are they more expensive than ladies dancing, or has the slave trade really collapsed in recent years?

TrueBirch OP t1_izbfm7v wrote

That's the cost of rental, not the cost of buying dancers

Macrophage87 t1_izbfqrq wrote

Can't you rent the swans then?

TrueBirch OP t1_izbhc90 wrote

PNC sets the methodology. To be fair, they've kept it consistent over the years to enable year over year comparisons.

RyanfaeScotland t1_izer2pv wrote

>The least expensive that I could find was the white mute at $3,083 each with free shipping.

Not sure who your swan guy is, but if you get me $78,750, I'll get you 42 swans.