Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

GangNailer t1_j292f2z wrote

Right, and your going to put all your trust in investors to keep the stock long-term because of their "genius" iq and "conservative strategies" .

Sorry but I am skeptical af and no longer have any respect nor trust for investors at that level.

I'm tired of giving control of companies and their fate to investors like this. It's about time companies are trated like the real economic engine they should be, jobs, taxes and creating value. Instead of playing with them like financial tools to enrich the already wealthy.

The idea of buy backs is completly benefitting one class of people, and the only way we can finally have fair distribution of wealth is to stop this tactic that only the lucky few are able to benefit from.

−4

monkeycomet2 t1_j293gjf wrote

I'm not 100% sure, but a lot of people probably own AAPL as a part of the S&P 500 as an ETF or pensions fund or something. Also they're financial tools that everyone can use. It just so happens that the wealthiest people in society are the ones that use them. I'm not saying that everyone has equal opportunity or access to them, but there's really nothing stopping people from investing outside of a lack of capital which is easily solved using ETFs or even a margin account for the less risk averse.

GangNailer t1_j294lm2 wrote

Lol "nothing stopping people".

That is the difference between our perspective. There are so many barriers for working class folks to invest in stocks, it makes no sense to trust these whales at the tops to trickle down their wealth to the rest.

What, like the average 401k has like 5dollars of applstock in it.. Lol come-on! Buying back stocks in appl will be a blip for the average investor.

Reagnomics doesn't work, and your idealogy fails to bring in the real dynamics of how the stock market works. Again, buybacks are just another tool that only make a real difference if you area full-time investor with wealth spewing out of your wallet.

jeekiii t1_j2957tk wrote

What are you talking about. I have 50k total saved and I own apple stocks through index funds. It's not hard to get into the stock market.

GangNailer t1_j297x1e wrote

It is if you don't have 50k bro... The stock market is for people who have money. Other folks like me have to spend what I get in paychecks on things that keep me and my family alive

monkeycomet2 t1_j2959zm wrote

You're just assuming that I subscribe to trickle down economics, which I don't btw. I would support an initiative for the government to invest some money for each high school student so that they have some wealth to start out. All I'm trying to point out is that stock buybacks are not the enemy you are making them out to be. They are nearly identical to dividends in their effect. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it evil.

GangNailer t1_j2965p4 wrote

I do understand it and I am pointing it out as peak wealth redistribution. It takes all the hard earned labor and value the employees at the company made, and gives it to investors who spend 4times a year advising managment.

It's utterly dispicable and financializes companies into money printing machines. Thus giving management reasons to outsource and costcut and destroy the US economy further.

Ps, I really am getting tired of your strawmanning here, bringing up different points that have nothing to do with my comments. If u want to support buy backs In a public forum, be my guest. I am with the few with a business and financial education of who see the real reason they exist and how they are used. And your pro position is not going to change that truth, no matter how you try to explain the benefits of them.