Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] OP t1_j6hgueu wrote

[removed]

explainlikeimfive-ModTeam t1_j6ivtrr wrote

Please read this entire message

Your comment has been removed for the following reason(s):

• Top level comments (i.e. comments that are direct replies to the main thread) are reserved for explanations to the OP or follow up on topic questions (Rule 3).

Very short answers, while allowed elsewhere in the thread, may not exist at the top level.

If you would like this removal reviewed, please read the detailed rules first. If you believe it was removed erroneously, explain why using this form and we will review your submission.

[deleted] OP t1_j6hr5ft wrote

[removed]

rhino76 t1_j6hz22j wrote

Teacher: Ok Billy why don't you get up and go answer the math question on the board?

Billy: Give me a few minutes....

Rugfiend t1_j6i6e95 wrote

This happened to me aged 11. I had discovered a hole in my pocket...

explainlikeimfive-ModTeam t1_j6ivsxr wrote

• Top level comments (i.e. comments that are direct replies to the main thread) are reserved for explanations to the OP or follow up on topic questions (Rule 3).

Anecdotes, while allowed elsewhere in the thread, may not exist at the top level.

If you would like this removal reviewed, please read the detailed rules first. If you believe it was removed erroneously, explain why using this form and we will review your submission.

nonrandomusername17 t1_j6hm4c6 wrote

Possible causes of an erection:

• attractive person or image

• warm

• just woken up

• shower

• pizza on my lap is warm

• working out / lifting weights

• randomly

• chafing

• hormonal changes and fluctuations throughout the day

• while sleeping for no particular reason

• itch

• need to pee? sometimes random erection

• infection

Rugfiend t1_j6i65qd wrote

You missed out sitting at the back of the top deck of a crowded bus, about 200 yards from your stop.

ilikeborsoleves t1_j6i8y8t wrote

Back in school that's how I knew I was close to home without looking out of the window.

SWE-STHLM t1_j6ihmkm wrote

Working out has the complete opposite effect for me, my penis react as it would be freezing cold! Am I the only one?

Cmagik t1_j6huers wrote

To be clear, it is always unintentional. You cannot control wether or not you'll have one or in a very limited manner.

When aroused, yes but it's not like you control or not to be aroused. You just are from whatever is happening in front of you.

You can intentionally trigger it by watching something arousing, rubbing or whatever, but it is still a trigger. You do not "control it" in the same way you control your arm or eyes mouvement.

So unless someone is purposely trying to have an erection, a random erection can occur and is never controller. Especially for a teenager... The amount of times I had a random erection for virtually no reason. Like... The friction from my short after standing up from class was enough.

[deleted] OP t1_j6hplez wrote

[removed]

HarryHacker42 t1_j6ip8zd wrote

Yes! When a girl reaches around and grabs you in a friendly way, it can happen fast.

explainlikeimfive-ModTeam t1_j6ivvl9 wrote

Anecdotes, while allowed elsewhere in the thread, may not exist at the top level.

Orkekum t1_j6hgo2n wrote

Physically by releasing blood into the penis stiffening it. There are organs in the shaft that hardens.

A lot of things can trigger, morning woods happen as body does a routine check everything works.

Also can trigger if yiu touch the penis, thing a horny thought or think of your partner that (hopefully) arouses you.

ADutchExpression t1_j6hgvqz wrote

In a nutshell. The D fills up with blood, usually when aroused or stimulation is present. And yes they do happen unintentionally at times this can make for some very awkward situations.

The things filling up with blood are called the Corpus Cavernosum.

Ancient_Skirt_8828 t1_j6hi319 wrote

You also have “valves” that close to stop the blood flowing straight back out again.

[deleted] OP t1_j6hmmwg wrote

[removed]

explainlikeimfive-ModTeam t1_j6ivy04 wrote

TheBananaKing t1_j6i271v wrote

Yep, they can happen for any reason or no reason. They can be made a whole lot more likely (or almost unavoidable) by sexual thoughts or actions, but the thing has a mind of its own.

I mean, do your nipples randomly get hard throughout the day? Same kind of deal. You can generally make it happen, but sometimes it just does anyway, often when you least want it to.

[deleted] OP t1_j6imbgq wrote

[removed]

explainlikeimfive-ModTeam t1_j6ivz6k wrote

[deleted] OP t1_j6irgin wrote

[removed]

explainlikeimfive-ModTeam t1_j6iw0g9 wrote

[deleted] OP t1_j6itlhh wrote

[removed]

explainlikeimfive-ModTeam t1_j6iw1l9 wrote

[deleted] OP t1_j6iv70t wrote

[removed]

explainlikeimfive-ModTeam t1_j6ivq8l wrote

Very short answers, while allowed elsewhere in the thread, may not exist at the top level.

Flair_Helper t1_j6ivs60 wrote

Your submission has been removed for the following reason(s):

Straightforward or factual queries are not allowed on ELI5. ELI5 is meant for simplifying complex concepts.

If you would like this removal reviewed, please read the detailed rules first. If you believe this submission was removed erroneously, please use this form and we will review your submission.