Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Towels_are_friends OP t1_ja5kj4q wrote

Some days are definitely more difficult than others! Tbh I probably wouldn’t have posted to this sub considering the such hard critique I didn’t know that I would receive, thinking it wouldn’t be as brutal as r/culinaryplating but I was in a positive moment and the food looked good to me. But I’m not going to delete anything just because of that. Have you had any luck getting them to eat different foods? My oldest used to love everything and has now reverted to only easy microwaveable garbage.

Yagotsu t1_ja5pmvc wrote

It is strange on both sides really. People just tend to like overly fancy dishes, ones you can learn a recipe from or possibly one with a story. You don't get to post any of that alongside the picture, so it seems like an out of place post when no context given. Post whatever ya want! Have fun, its the internet. Sometimes you'll get good responses, sometimes bad.

​

​

I wish there was a great trick to getting kids to like other foods but really just gotta keep at it as long as they are willing to try. From reading a lot of people's take on it nowadays...I guess I'm in between old people forcing them to sit at the table for 3 hours and young people kowtowing to any demand. Having stuff on the side to lets say the mac and cheese for them to try alongside worked for me! I'm not super healthy by any means but some of that microwave junk contains more sugar than a milkshake.

​

​

Time will save you for sure!

​

​

*Had to post again got modded three times for nothing offensive. And to go somewhere else if I don't like how it is modded. What a goofy place.