Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

UnprovenMortality t1_jdr001g wrote

Care to share the recipe?

Cat_Ears_Big_Wheels t1_jdr4wvf wrote

I'm not OP, but I found this:

"Perfect Korean Fried Chicken made at home

Korean Fried Chicken is one of my favourite food and I've spent the past few years creating something that's close to what's been served in Korea. Because I want everyone to get cooking, I have posted a video on how to make 4 different types of my favourite Korean Fried chicken. For anyone interested, here is the link: https://youtu.be/ggCmosKSvvw

But in Summary

Ingredients for Fried Chicken

Chicken

Pre-made frying mix (or mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper)

Full fat milk (why are you making fried chicken with skim fat milk)

Vegetable oil

Salt

Pepper

MSG

Tips and tricks

The longer you marinade the chicken in milk and seasoning mixture, the better chicken will taste

MSG is required if you want to replicate that restaurant quality taste. You don't need much, but it might be the most important ingredient in this recipe

Shaking the wet battered chicken in the dry batter gives that wavey crispy texture, I've tried to just rub it on and it completely changed the texture

Do not crowd the pot - if you do, you will get well oiled steamed chicken rather than crispy fried chicken

All my measurements are in portion sizes rather than tbsp and cup sizes. Because this way, you can make this without using the measuring tools"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cooking/comments/eoxcyv/perfect_korean_fried_chicken_made_at_home/

Edit: don't worry about MSG; that's a myth.

bl4ckhunter t1_jdrq6da wrote

>Shaking the wet battered chicken in the dry batter gives that wavey crispy texture, I've tried to just rub it on and it completely changed the texture

So that's the secret! I spent an unreasonable amount of time wondering why it'd work some times and not others lol.

UnprovenMortality t1_jdrmxbk wrote

Thanks! I wonder if my issues are all from pressing too hard on the dry batter...

Achylife t1_jduf4vo wrote

Yeah msg never affected me anyway, I gotta worry about my real allergies like chicken egg.