Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jamesscoob OP t1_iy2pd3w wrote

Pinoy Style Spaghetti Recipe

Ingredients: Pasta Hotdogs ½ cheese Onions Garlic Bell Peppers Ground meat Filipino style spaghetti sauce

On a pot with hot water, add in 1tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt then cook the pasta for 8-10 mins.

While cooking the pasta, on a separate pan, add in 1tbsp of oil then saute the onions and garlic.

Once it starts to brown, add in the ground meat. I'm using ground pork in this but you can use beef or chicken if you like. Saute for 2-5 mins

When it starts to get semi cooked, add in the bell peppers and stir for 1-2 mins.

Add in 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce with banana ketchup then add in ¼ cup of water. And add the hotdogs.

Add ¼ of the cheese. And let this melt by covering it. Let it simmer for at least 5 mins.

Season it with salt and pepper. Then mix the pasta and the sauce! Top it with grated cheese on top before serving!

OriTBF t1_iy41p6m wrote

I'm sorry, "add in 1 cup of the spaghetti sauce with banana ketchup"

Do you mean 1 cup of banana ketchup or is there another sauce i'm not aware of ?

Thank you :)

jamesscoob OP t1_iy846tz wrote

Sorry for the confusion. I meant 1 cup Filipino style spaghetti sauce and add some banana ketchup on it like around 1-2 tbsp.

a4techkeyboard t1_iy41ni5 wrote

Adding Banana Ketchup as well as using Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce makes it extra authentic. I know the recipe on those packs don't include using extra banana ketchup, so that's above and beyond. Extra points if the 1/4 cup of water is first used to swish around the sauce packet to make sure you get every bit of it.

jedi_bunny_ t1_iy354aw wrote

They aint gonna like this one 🤣

a4techkeyboard t1_iy40nfb wrote

I remember one of the Italian youtubers whose job is partly to be upset at cooking Italian food wrong being pretty okay with it because it's not trying to be anything Italian as it's called Filipino-style Spaghetti.

Though I did once see an Italian person at a Filipino restaurant being teased by some of his Filipino friends by saying they're going to order him some Spaghetti and he was, I'm sure half-jokingly, yelling in maybe mock terror that "Please, no, no pasta. Everything else is good, but no Filipino pasta."

But I imagine that was also because he was also exposed to what we call carbonara, etc.

Harmed_Burglar t1_iy3ipxm wrote

I think I understand why we have so many Filipinos here in Italy

They are fellow pasta enjoyers

Newmanuel t1_iy5vb3z wrote

and this pasta would explain the lack of italians in the philippines

Fariic t1_iy3w0b9 wrote

As an avid fan of Mac & Cheese with hot dogs mixed in, I’m sure I’d love this.

My wife and kid not so much.

Some people just don’t appreciate the versatility of the hot dog.

tocilog t1_iy473bw wrote

I think you'll enjoy a Filipino baked macaroni.

sdscarecrow t1_iy50xqp wrote

Filipino spaghetti is sweet so its really not the same taste wise.

Unicorn_puke t1_iy3r08f wrote

Needs a side of skyflake crackers

hakkai999 t1_iy2wai3 wrote

Yum sweet and savory pinoy spaghetti

jeepney_danger t1_iy3w81o wrote

That cheese looks perfect. Looks like this would go well with Jollibee Chickenjoy or Pork Barbecue (sa kanto)

kevinz99 t1_iy406bz wrote

the cursed sweet spaghetti.

tambonan t1_iy48vxh wrote

.....taste like dessert too sweet🤮🤮

n0_sh1t_thank_y0u t1_iy4oxyh wrote

Filipino spaghetti is perfect when cold, straight from the fridge. It's the only dish I enjoy that way. Haha

fujiesque t1_iy3ms4z wrote

Filipino spaghetti sauce is freaking fantastic

gtmbphillyloo t1_iy3ohbk wrote

Okay, this looks amazing!!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

hfalcon2022 t1_iy4t2ea wrote

Planning on making that today! Love it so much!

js0uthh t1_iy4x4h4 wrote

I think imma try it with garlic bread next time. To offset the sweet.

Still very good regardless. I love Filipino food.

SpiceyPorkFriedRice t1_iy5snxw wrote

Wow this is so similar to the spaghetti we make in the Caribbean.

[deleted] t1_iy3etmp wrote

[removed]

−7

Herald_of_Heaven t1_iy3szoe wrote

Based on my biased opinion, it's delicious. It's actually a party favourite here in the Philippines.

Strong_Cheetah_7989 t1_iy3y8m9 wrote

My Filipina gf made it for me 20 years ago. She's still my gf, and we have a 13 yo daughter. I haven't let her cook since. Only thing worse was my one visit to Jollibee.

I thought it was a cruel joke.

−11