Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

UnadvertisedAndroid t1_j7l9n1b wrote

I love how we're all just supposed to know wtf Dynamic Island is. I read the article and I'm still not sure.

Best guess: marketing fluff

−15

pacwess t1_j7lbtx5 wrote

You obviously don't have an iPhone 14 Pro.

UnadvertisedAndroid t1_j7lly4x wrote

What gave it away? That I didn't feel the need to tell you what device I'm using because I think it's a status symbol?

−32

paxfuturus t1_j7lo4ck wrote

Username. It was the username that gave it away.

SRVisGod24 t1_j7m5ywh wrote

That has to be the worst troll attempt I've seen on here in a while lol

UnadvertisedAndroid t1_j7mkgri wrote

Like I told the other idiot, androids existed long before mobile OS's were a thing. Great Ted talk.

−14

[deleted] t1_j7xbe20 wrote

[deleted]

UnadvertisedAndroid t1_j7y05v5 wrote

I think you may have mistaken what you read there. The idea of androids has been around since the 1800 in sci-fi. If you thought I was trying to say Android, the mobile OS, has been around long before mobile OS's you might be daft.

paxfuturus t1_j7n89mz wrote

Dang bro, don't be so butt hurt, just a friendly joke.

UnadvertisedAndroid t1_j7nqk0a wrote

You're right, I definitely overreacted to your comment. I honestly am not sure what I was thinking.

Pubelication t1_j7lxlt7 wrote

The article is on a website meant for Apple fans, it literally has "mac" in its name, yet you got outraged anyways.

Panda530 t1_j7mcb98 wrote

Apple haters are worse than Apple fanboys. Haters know just enough about electronics to know that apple is overpriced performance wise in certain areas, if they took the time and learned more they would release that quality actually costs money to produce and the price difference has to do with quality. If I’m building a pc, I’m going to spend a solid $200-$300 for a better case, cpu cooler, and fans. Why? Because the quality of a nice and good looking case along with quite fans is worth it for my needs. Why should I put that money into a better cpu or gpu when I don’t actually need it. If I’m getting 100+ fps on the games I play 99% of the time, do I REALLY need to spend an extra $200-$300 on an increase of 20fps when I literally won’t even notice unless I do a side to side comparison and actually pay attention? No, I don’t. What I will notice though is an ugly, low quality, and loud pc.

Apple chooses to allocate their production costs into a different field than other electronics companies. Your average computer user is not a gamer, so why would apple need to satisfy them? Why would they make a macbook air for example that is capable of playing video games, but not being as nice to the touch as it currently is? You think Samantha who is a 20 year old uni student gives a crap if her laptop can play red dead redemption at 60fps 1080p on medium settings? Of course not. What she cares about is how pretty the screen is, how nice the keyboard feels, how pretty it is, and if she can stream the bachelor.

I’m a pc guy and a gamer, but have a macbook for when I’m coding. Why? Firstly, it’s my favorite laptop keyboard and that’s the most important thing since I will literally be using it to type. Secondly, great battery life. Third, it has a nice screen which is super important when it comes to reading. Lastly, it feels nice to the touch. I don’t give a shit if I can’t play rust on it. However, apple haters will be like “ugh what a shit, overpriced laptop. I could spend the same amount for something that CAN play rust.” Sure, I could too. The keyboard will be shit though and bend because of cost cutting materials they use aka lots of plastic so I won’t enjoy typing on it. The screen will be 1080p (bc budget gaming laptop) with a shit panel that has terrible color saturation, contrast, and viewing angles, making reading small words annoying, but it doesn’t matter because it has a 144Hz screen so I can play my favorite fps smoothly. Lastly, I’d be lucky if I get 3hrs on a single charge when new, let’s not even consider how long the battery life will be in 2yrs time. However, it can play rust so you know… great fucking laptop.

I know I didn’t even touch on phones, but it’s the same exact thing. I have an iphone 14 pro. Why do I have an iphone 14 pro? Because I had a trip coming up in a month, old phone was on its last leg, my phone provider had a great deal where I could get a brand new 14 pro max for $300. All I wanted was a phone with a great camera. That’s it. Just wanted the best phone camera I could get. I payed $300 for the best portable camera for my upcoming trip to see my grandma and take nice photos with her before she dies since she’s 93 and in declining health. 10 years from now when I look at the last pictures of us, I’m not going to be bothered that I couldn’t get a bootleg app from the android store because I got an iphone. No, I’m going to be looking at that crystal clear and beautiful picture and reminisce back at that moment with my precious grandma.

Apple haters and Apple fanboys need to realize that there’s no “best”, it comes down to the individual use case. What’s important to you, might not even be blip on another person’s radar and vice versa.

skyeyemx t1_j7o8r64 wrote

Nice completely unprovoked rant you did just there.

Radoasted t1_j7xboe4 wrote

Here is what I tell people “A lot people call Apple a “walled off garden” and let me tell you - it’s a nice fuckin garden.”

BeamImpact t1_j7mfeji wrote

Wow, what a rant out of nowhere!

You act like there aren't any Windows based laptops that have the same build quality, or aren't equally nice to the touch. And if you wanted to get the best camera on the phone market right now then the 14 Pro Max is not the pick you think it is.

−4

Panda530 t1_j7mhr34 wrote

Yeah, wasn’t expecting to type that much lol. From the laptops I’ve come in contact with, none are as good as Apple quality wise and the few that are close (razor laptops) are even pricier because you’re paying for performance and quality. For $300 the iPhone pro max was the best option.

jl_23 t1_j7pdad6 wrote

I have yet to use a laptop that has even a fraction as good a trackpad than a MacBook

abusivecat t1_j7lvuwf wrote

Troll? Your username literally says android you simp.

UnadvertisedAndroid t1_j7mk9i1 wrote

Fun fact: Androids existed before mobile operating systems.

−5

BiHGamer t1_j7mfevw wrote

Animations to make a hole punch display seem more meaningful.