Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pacwess t1_j7ln3ww wrote

It's annoying at best.
Although what Apple is pushing for I think is it'll be the dynamic island when needed and full screen when not needed. Therefore we get the best of both.

Tommyblockhead20 t1_j7lzoc6 wrote

Annoying? Maybe compared to having all screen, but I’d definitely agree with the other commenter it’s way better than the notch. It’s nothing revolutionary, but it is simultaneously smaller than the notch, and more useful, since you can click it to easily switch apps.

TheDivineSoul t1_j7m05n0 wrote

I feel like the people saying it’s annoying don’t even have it. I have the 14 pro, it’s not annoying at all.

cereal-kills-me t1_j7myfa8 wrote

It’s “smaller” but it cuts into videos which the notch doesn’t do. It’s lower on the screen than the notch so it interrupts more content than the notch.

−9

Primerius t1_j7n6ehb wrote

I grabbed a 14 pro max earlier this week, and I have yet to see a video that the dynamic island cuts into.

brito892 t1_j7p5hq3 wrote

Take a screenshot in a 14 and then watch it in the 13 and you will notice how much of a screen you are loosing. The dynamic island is much lower (closer to the center of the screen)

nukoruko999 t1_j7ts181 wrote

I have 14 pro and it doesn’t cut into the video unless you do that thing where video stretches to full screen

BlurredSight t1_j7nkcqg wrote

Hell no, it's honestly the best upgrade I did from a pixel > xs > 14 pro. They finally made live notifications better like knowing Im muted on a call because my soundwave isn't changing, or spotify's tap to access, or ubers little car animation.

Sucks when going full screen on a movie but even then I've just blanked it out