Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TheNuclearMind t1_j8hxc9g wrote

I can't download any software that isn't owned by Google on a chrome book. Biggest waste of money I've ever had, and I let other students know not to get one.

Orangeb0lt t1_j8ic4ts wrote

If you didn't know that going in, it's on you, it'svery clearly advertised as basically a chrome browser with hardware but around it. Also if you just need it for email, making word docs, excel, youtube. A chromebook works great and can be cheaper than a high end tablet like an iPad.

TheNuclearMind t1_j8jd646 wrote

I didn't really need to download anything except a locked browser so I could take tests. I ended up getting a new laptop.

Orangeb0lt t1_j8js7su wrote

Again, if you knew you needed to download something for a test, KNEW THE CHROMEBOOK CANNOT DOWNLOAD APPS FROM THE WEB, and still chose to use a chromebook, that's a problem on you, not on the chromebook.

MrPineApples420 t1_j8iem9v wrote

You can’t download software that isn’t owned by google, that’s the whole point of a chrome book. It’s like their own little MacBook.

TheNuclearMind t1_j8jcvkj wrote

I understand, but my point was that it was advertised as if it was a laptop that would work for students. This was false. Something as simple as a testing browser shouldn't be blocked

Llama-Lamp- t1_j8jcmeb wrote

Except you can download and use loads of software on a MacBook that isn’t owned by Apple, MacOS isn’t a closed system.